Peel 2041+ Official Plan Review
Region of Peel Official Plan and Municipal Comprehensive Review
Have your say
Public open houses were held online for growth related focus area draft policies and settlement area boundary draft technical studies between September 21st through October 1st.
Due to Covid-19 related restrictions, the public joined various online forums to learn about the proposed policy changes and engage with staff. Information presented at these consultation sessions is available under Upcoming Consultations until Friday October 23rd.
Peel 2041+The Province of Ontario released Amendment 1 to A Place to Grow: Growth Plan for the GGH that includes changes to the total population and employment forecasts for Peel, the planning horizon (from 2041 to 2051), and other policies. Future updates to reflect this amendment will build on work completed under Peel 2041 thus far to support the Region’s vision for A Community for Life. For more information, see provincial drivers.
What is the Regional Official Plan Review?
In keeping with the Government of Ontario’s Planning Act, the Region must update its Official Plan every 5 years. This mandatory update ensures that official plan policies stay current with Provincial plan and policy changes and reflect our changing community's needs.
Peel 2041+ is our current Regional Official Plan review. It started on May 23, 2013 with a public meeting. The Regional Official Plan Review process will:
- Incorporate new provincial legislation, regulations and policies.
- Implement new regional policy initiatives and plans. Have a meaningful community engagement process.
- Guide growth and development within the Region to the year 2051.
To date, Regional Official Plan Amendment 27, on Age-friendly Planning, Health and the Built Environment, as adopted by By-Law 12-2017, was approved by the Province and went into effect on September 1, 2017. Read more about approved amendments.
What is the Municipal Comprehensive Review?
A Municipal Comprehensive Review (MCR) is a process required under the 2019 A Place to Grow Growth Plan for the Greater Golden Horseshoe and Provincial Policy Statement. It ensures that Official Plans conform with provincial plans and policies. An MCR results in a new official plan or official plan amendment which is submitted to the Province for approval.
Focus areas and supporting studies
As part of the Peel 2041+ Regional Official Plan Review, we will explore policy changes in specific focus areas. Read more about focus areas and supporting studies for each focus area.
Peel 2041 Official Plan
Provincial Policy Statement, 2014
Growth Management Workshops, 2013-2015
Provincial Coordinated Plans Review
ROPA 27: Health and the Built Environment, Age-Friendly Planning policies approved and in-effect.
Draft Growth Management and Transportation policies (put on hold due to changing Provincial framework).
A Place to Grow, 2019
Dec. 12 Draft Environment policies report requesting consultation
March Public consultations on Environment related Focus areas
Jun. 25 Draft Growth policies report requesting consultation
We are here
Fall 2020 Public consultations on Growth related Focus areas
Winter 2021 Public consultations
2021 Statutory Public Consultations
Q4 Winter 2021 Council adoption of ROPA
July 1, 2022 Provincial Conformity
For additional information on the Peel 2041+ work plan, studies, and technical reports, please visit the Reading room.
- June 25, 2020 Regional Council report
- Appendix I: Work Plan & Consultation Schedule
- Appendix II: Consultation Summary
- Appendix III: List of Discussion Papers, Technical Studies, Draft Schedules and Figures
- Appendix IV: Summary of Key Draft Policy and Mapping Changes
- Appendix V: Settlement Area Boundary Expansion Technical Studies Summary
- June 25, 2020 Regional Council presentation
- December 12, 2019 Regional Council report
- September 26, 2019 Regional Council report
Peel 2041+ newsletters
- April 2020 – Peel 2041 Official Plan Review community update
- August 2018 – Peel 2041 Official Plan Review community update
- August 2016 – Peel 2041 Official Plan Review newsletter #2
- October 2014 – Peel 2041 Official Plan Review newsletter
Stay Informed & Get Involved
There are many ways that you can participate throughout the Peel 2041+ Official Plan Review process and we want to hear from you! Use one of the methods below to share your thoughts, feedback, and ideas.
- Email Regional Planning and Growth Management to join our stakeholder list and submit comments.1
- Follow Peel Official Plan on Twitter
- Call 905-791-7800 ext. 4364
1 By agreeing to join our stakeholder list you will receive periodic emails or letters related to the Regional Official Plan Review. You can be taken off this list at any time by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org with the headline "unsubscribe."