Focus areas and supporting studies
As part of the Peel 2051 Regional Official Plan review and Municipal Comprehensive Review, we will explore policy changes in specific focus areas.
Find details on the various focus area projects and technical studies that are being undertaken to support policy development.
Peel 2051 Draft MCR ROPA
On September 23, 2021 Regional Council endorsed proceeding to statutory open houses and public meeting. Please visit Public Consultations for more info. The latest draft policies and mapping are available on the Draft policies and mapping page. Planning & Growth Management Committee will be meeting October 7, 2021. Please visit the Reading Room for access to materials.
Peel 2051 Community Survey
We want to hear from you. Complete this short survey to share your input on the future of Peel Region.
Email Regional Planning and Growth Management to join our notification list, stay up to date on the latest updates, upcoming meetings, and submit comments.
The Region will be consulting on all focus areas throughout the consultation process. Read more about supporting projects and studies for each focus area:
- Age-friendly planning (approved and in-effect)
- Aggregates resources and excess soil
- Agriculture and rural systems
- Climate change
- Greenlands system
- Growth management
- Health and the built environment (approved and in-effect)
- Major transit station areas
- Other supporting policy and mapping updates (including cultural heritage, Indigenous engagement, waste management and rural settlement area boundary refinement)
- Provincial Greenbelt plans (including Oak Ridges Moraine Conservation Plan and Niagara Escarpment Plan)
- Settlement area boundary expansion
- Water resources
- Wildland fires
Links to the various supporting technical studies can be found on each webpage. The Technical Studies and Mapping document also provides links by focus area.
Find all council reports, consultation materials and supporting documents related to Peel 2051 in the Reading Room.
Read about the Provincial Drivers that guide the Peel 2051 Official Plan Review and Municipal Comprehensive Review.