Focus areas and supporting studies
As part of the Peel 2041+ Regional Official Plan review and Municipal Comprehensive Review, we will explore policy changes in specific focus areas.
Find details on the various focus area projects and technical studies that are being undertaken to support policy development.
Email Regional Planning and Growth Management to join our notification list, stay up to date on the latest updates, upcoming meetings, and submit comments.
Past consultation materials can be found under Upcoming consultations.
The Region will be consulting on all focus areas throughout the consultation process. Read more about supporting projects and studies for each focus area:
- Age-friendly planning (approved and in-effect)
- Aggregates resources and excess soil
- Agriculture and rural systems
- Climate change
- Greenlands system
- Growth management
- Health and the built environment (approved and in-effect)
- Major transit station areas
- Other focus areas (including cultural heritage, Indigenous engagement and waste management)
- Provincial Greenbelt plans (including Oak Ridges Moraine Conservation Plan and Niagara Escarpment Plan)
- Settlement area boundary expansion
- Water resources
- Wildland fires
Find all council reports, consultation materials and supporting documents related to Peel 2041+ in the Reading Room.
Read about the Provincial Drivers that guide the Peel 2041+ Official Plan Review and Municipal Comprehensive Review.