Focus areas and supporting studies
As part of the Peel 2051 Regional Official Plan review and Municipal Comprehensive Review, we will explore policy changes in specific focus areas.
Find details on the various focus area projects and technical studies that are being undertaken to support policy development.
Please join us for one of the upcoming virtual “ask the planner” sessions:
- Thursday, July 29 at 7:00 pm. Add to calendar.
- Wednesday, August 4 at 7:00 pm.
A virtual drop-in session specific to the Settlement Area Boundary Expansion focus area is planned since the latest release of draft policies on:
- Wednesday August 18, 2021 at 7:00 pm.
No registration is required. The link to join will be available here on the day of the session.
Peel 2051 Community Survey
We want to hear from you. Complete this short survey to share your input on the future of Peel Region.
Email Regional Planning and Growth Management to join our notification list, stay up to date on the latest updates, upcoming meetings, and submit comments.
The Region will be consulting on all focus areas throughout the consultation process. Read more about supporting projects and studies for each focus area:
- Age-friendly planning (approved and in-effect)
- Aggregates resources and excess soil
- Agriculture and rural systems
- Climate change
- Greenlands system
- Growth management
- Health and the built environment (approved and in-effect)
- Major transit station areas
- Other focus areas (including cultural heritage, Indigenous engagement and waste management)
- Provincial Greenbelt plans (including Oak Ridges Moraine Conservation Plan and Niagara Escarpment Plan)
- Settlement area boundary expansion
- Water resources
- Wildland fires
Find all council reports, consultation materials and supporting documents related to Peel 2041+ in the Reading Room.
Read about the Provincial Drivers that guide the Peel 2041+ Official Plan Review and Municipal Comprehensive Review.