Public Access Defibrillator program
Be the one. Act to save a life.
The Public Access Defibrillator (PAD) program aims to make it easier for residents to provide CPR and defibrillation before paramedics arrive. Early CPR and defibrillation are the only things that can save someone in sudden cardiac arrest.
In Peel, 1,400 people experience sudden cardiac arrest each year. 20% take place in public places where ordinary residents can help.
- Learn about the PAD program.
- Related programs and studies.
- How to run a program in your organization.
- Register your AED.
- When and how to use an AED.
- Learn the chain of survival.
- Help for anyone impacted by cardiac arrest.
- What to do after an AED is used.