Queen Street West widening and reconstruction
300m East Of Mississauga Road to Chinguacousy Road City of Brampton.
- We have finished the work. The project is under warranty until December 2022.
- Scheduled water pressure reduction
- Road Closure Creditview Rd. N
- Creditview Road North Closed; May 1 To July 31, 2018
What we are doing
- This Contract is for the reconstruction and widening of Queen Street West. The work includes, but is not limited to:
- Storm sewer system installation & Low Impact Development (LID) measures
- Five (5) culvert replacements with new structures
- Sidewalks and bus stop platforms & multi-use-trail
- ZUM transit facilities
- Temporary and permanent traffic control signals
- Hot mix paving
- Placement of pavement markings & traffic signage
- Queen St West, from 300m east of Mississauga Road to Chinguacousy Road (PDF, 193KB).
- Start: July 11 2016.
- Finish: November 2020, weather permitting.
Who you can call
|Drainstar Contracting Limited under contract to the Region of Peel|
|Contact Person||Responsibilities||Telephone Number|
|Mario D'Orazio||Project Manager||905-738-9980|
|Jim Fulton||Site Engineer||647-821-7081|
|Region of Peel|
|Finbarr Mulcahy||Project Manager||905-791-7800 ext. 7914|
|Mirgjen Arkaxhiu||Regional Inspector||905-791-5997 ext. 3246/47|
- Our contractor's normal working hours are from 7.00 a.m. to 6.00 p.m.
- Some paving works will be done at night from 7.00 p.m. to 5.30 a.m.
- These hours are consistent with the local municipality's bylaws. We understand this may cause some inconvenience, but a shorter working day would mean the project would take longer to complete.
- Temporary lane closures will be required during non-peak hours.
- We will need to reduce traffic to a single lane (each direction) and temporarily block intersections during construction.
- Peel Regional Police will be present on occasion to direct traffic safely.
- Emergency access will be maintained at all times.
- Barriers and signs will be placed for safety and direction, as required under the Occupational Health and Safety Act.
- We anticipate that driveway access will be maintained in so far as possible.
- If we need to block your driveway for a short time you will be contacted to arrange for the best time and for alternate access. If your driveway is blocked, you may choose to park on a side street for a short time.
- We will make sure businesses have access at all times.
- Please call the Project Manager if you have special needs related to access.
- The Region of Peel will keep you informed of any substantial changes in the project scope or schedule.
- We are committed to ensuring minimum disruption to your homes and businesses.
- Please call the project manager or inspector if you have any special needs.