Watermain replacement and improvement
Chester Drive, Spruce Drive, Sumach Road and Hawthorne Avenue. Project 22-1370A
The Region of Peel anticipates replacing the watermains in your area within the next two years. Watermains are underground pipes that bring tap water from our water treatment plants to your neighbourhood. As pipes age and our population grows, we need to replace older watermains to keep providing high quality water to you.
This upcoming construction will take place in the municipal right-of-way. The municipal right-of way is the land owned by the Town of Caledon between the street and your water service box (small, round metal valve in either your driveway or lawn). This work may impact the bottom of your driveway. We therefore recommend delaying any major landscaping or driveway paving until after this construction has been completed.
Homeowners who have a water service box outside of the municipal right-of-way will also be contacted separately so that we can deal specifically with your individual situation.
Before we start construction, you may notice several activities in your neighbourhood:
- We will survey your street and use temporary spray paint or flags to mark the location of underground gas, hydro, and cable on roads, driveways, and lawns.
- We may drill holes in the road or municipal right-of-way (the land between the street and your water service box) to collect soil samples, determine ground conditions, or confirm utility locations.
- We will take pictures and record video to help us restore the area as close as possible to its former condition, after construction takes place.
We expect these activities to start taking place as soon as weather permits.
Keeping you informed
We are currently in the early planning stages, so we can’t give exact dates for when we will do the work.
In addition, as your town’s future planning activities may change, we may alter our plans to replace watermains in your neighbourhood.
We will deliver more detailed information to your home closer to the proposed construction date.
Sign up for email notices
- Receive timely updates right to your inbox by signing up for e-notices at peelregion.ca/construction
- If you have any questions, please contact us
Water Linear Engineering and Reliability, Engineering Services Division
Public Works, Region of Peel
Phone: 905-791-7800 ext. 4409