Construction work starting in your neighbourhood Dundas St. West between Erin Mills Parkway and Mississauga Rd. Dundas Wastewater Diversion Project #08-2205.
What we are doing
The Region of Peel will be constructing a large diameter trunk sanitary sewer by tunnelling underneath Dundas St. West between Erin Mills Parkway and Mississauga Road.
This trunk sanitary sewer work is to improve the existing wastewater service. Wastewater comes from flushing toilets, having a shower or washing dishes. Sanitary sewer pipes take wastewater from homes and businesses to a treatment plant.
Construction will start on, or about March 4, 2019. The entire project will take approximately 24 months to complete.
How this will impact you
- Construction activities will be contained in the fenced areas outside of the travelled portion of the roads to minimize any traffic impacts.
- We will let you know if there are any substantial changes to the project.
The Region of Peel provides a safe environment that conforms to the Occupational Health and Safety Act, at all times.
- Pipe sizes: 1500-mm (5-foot diameter) sanitary sewer pipe
- Construction Type: Tunnelling
- Noise level: Low to Moderate
- Contractor: Technicore Underground Inc
Please contact the project manager listed below if you have any comments or concerns.
Ajay Puri, M.E. (Env.), P.Eng.
Project Manager, Capital Works
Wastewater Division, Collection and Communal Treatment
905-791-7800, ext. 5073
Email Ajay Puri
This notice was issued on February 26, 2019.