Watermain valve chamber and appurtenance replacement
Adjacent to 1316 Mineola Gardens and 391 Revus Ave, Project 11-1345 P.
What are we doing?
- Replacing and improving two existing valve chambers including the replacement of the existing valves and appurtenances at the locations shown on the attached map.
- To upgrade and replace two existing valves on the local water system in preparation of the Hurontario LRT watermain works.
- We expect to start work on or about October 4th, 2021 starting adjacent to 391 Revus Avenue. Works adjacent to 1316 Mineola Gardens will start early November.
- The project should be completed by November 30th, 2021. All work is under warranty for two years from the completion date.
- We will start restoring any damaged areas including boulevards, sidewalks, curbs, and roads after both chamber installations are complete, and as weather permits.
Who you can call
|Region of Peel|
|Contact Person||Responsibilities||Telephone Number|
|Mark Ferreira||Project Manager||905-791-7800, ext. 5119|
|Chris Mercieca||Inspector||905-791-7800, ext. 3246|
|Roman Melnikov||Inspector||905-791-7800, ext. 3246|
|FCM Construction Limited
FCM will do the work, under contract to the Region of Peel
|John Frias||Project Manager||Office: 905-339-0990
- Our contractor’s normal working hours are from 7 a.m. to 7 p.m. These hours are consistent with the local municipality’s bylaws. We understand this may cause some inconvenience, but a shorter working day would mean the project would take longer to complete.
Traffic and parking control
- We may need to reduce traffic to a single lane during construction.
- If we have to reroute traffic, we will place signs giving directions.
- On-street parking will be reduced during construction.
- Due to construction activities, we may need to block your driveway for a short time. We will contact you before we do this to arrange for the best time and for alternate access, if needed. If your driveway is blocked, you may choose to park on a side street for a short time. If you need immediate access to your driveway, the contractor will have road plates available to quickly allow access in and out of your driveway.
- We will make sure businesses have access at all times.
- Please call the Project Manager if you have special needs related to access or business hours.
Irrigation or sprinkler systems
- Please tell the inspector if you have underground irrigation or a sprinkler system outside your property line at 1316 Mineola Gardens.
- If tree branches within the right-of-way interfere with construction, the contractor will have the trees pruned before equipment enters the drip line of the tree.
- If tree branches on private property interfere with construction, they will be pruned back to the nearest suitable trunk, crotch or branch.
- The contractor will ask you for permission before cutting any branches on private property. If you do not allow the contractor onto your property to trim the branches, the branches will be cut vertically at the property line.
Interrupting your water supply
- It is our goal to let you know 48 hours (2 days) in advance if we need to shut off your water. Occasionally, we may have to reduce this notice to 24 hours.
- If we must shut off your water because of an emergency, we will do everything we can to fix the problem as quickly as possible.
- You may feel slight vibrations from the construction work.
Replacing and taking care of your sod
- The contractor will take care of any sod we replace for 30 days.
- You can help the sod to stay healthy by watering it for one hour in the early morning, two or three times a week. This is especially important in hot or dry weather.
- We will replace your sod as soon as we can, but there may be a short delay.
- It is very common for the work area to settle a bit following construction. If you notice any settlement, please let the project manager or inspector know and we will ensure the contractor fixes it.
Repairing the road, curbs, and sidewalks
- We will start restoring the road and boulevard once all chamber work is complete and as weather permits.
- We will complete the restoration on a street-by-street basis.
- The Region of Peel will always let you know if there are any major changes to the plans.
- We will try to disturb you as little as possible.
- Please call the project manager or inspector if you have any concerns or special needs.