Watermain replacement and improvement
Phedora Drive, Thetford Court: Lewisham Drive to the end; Southwest Mississauga. Project 13-1347 C
- We have finished the work. The project is under warranty until September 2021.
- Project Update May 2019: Restoration on Thetford Court (PDF)
- Update September 2018: Restoration on Thetford Ct, Benedet Dr and Phedora Drive Easement (PDF)
What we are doing
- Installing new watermain through Kogaydiwin Park trail and replacing aging watermain through Kogaydiwin Park, Thetford Court and Benedet Drive. View area map (PDF).
- Replacing the water service pipe to service boxes located on Thetford Court and Benedet Drive.
- To upgrade the water system capacity and reliability as part of the Region of Peel's State of Good Repair program.
- We expect to start work on or about Monday June 25, 2018, starting at Thetford Court.
- The project should be completed before the Fall 2019. All work is under warranty for two years from the completion date.
Who you can call
|Region of Peel|
|Contact Person||Responsibilities||Telephone Number|
|Nicole Sartor||Project Manager||905-791-7800, ext. 7832|
|Sasho Pulevski||Inspector||905-791-7800, ext. 3246|
|Ainley & Associates Ltd.
Ainley is the Engineer and Consultant, under contract to the Region of Peel
|Jonathan Rock||Contract Administrator||519-569-9042|
|Ross Wilson||Site Inspector||416-573-0636|
|London Excavators & Trucking Ltd.
London Excavators & Trucking Ltd. will do the work, under contract to the Region of Peel
|Massimo Sansone||Project Manager||416-247-6601|
|Frank Carelli||Site Superintendent||416-819-9160|
- The working hours are expected to take place between 7:00 am to 7:00 pm, in accordance to local Noise Control Bylaw by means of construction. We understand that this may cause some minor inconveniences, however we ask for your continued patience while our Contractor completes the work to meet the project timelines mentioned above.
Traffic and parking control
- We may need to reduce traffic to a single lane during construction. Please be mindful and obey any traffic sings posted in the area during the construction for yours and others safety.
- If we have to re-route traffic, we will place detour sings to help navigate you around the construction.
- On-street parking will be reduced during construction.
- Due to construction activities, we may need to block your driveway for a short period of time. We will contact you before we do this to arrange for the best time and for alternate access, if required. If your driveway is blocked, you may choose to park on a side street for a short time. If you need immediate access to your driveway, the contractor will have road plates available to quickly allow access in and out of your driveway.
- We will make sure businesses have access at all times.
- Please call the Project Manager if you have special needs related to access or business hours.
Irrigation or sprinkler systems
- Please tell the inspector if you have underground irrigation or a sprinkler system outside your property line.
- You may wish to move the sprinkler lines to inside your private property to avoid damage.
- If tree branches within the right-of-way interfere with construction, the Contractor will have the trees pruned before equipment enters the drip line of the tree.
- If tree branches on private property interfere with construction, they will be pruned back to the nearest suitable trunk, crotch or branch.
- The Contractor will ask you for permission before cutting any branches on private property. If you do not allow the contractor onto your property to trim the branches, the branches will be cut vertically at the property line.
Interrupting your water supply
- It is our goal to let you know 48 hours (2 days) in advance if we need to shut off your water. Occasionally, we may have to reduce this notice to 24 hours or during emergency work.
- If we have to shut off your water because of an emergency, we will do everything we can to fix the problem as quickly as possible.
- Your garbage, recycling and organics containers will continue to be picked up on your regularly scheduled day.
- It is the contractor's responsibility to move your garbage, recycling and organics bins to a location where our collection vehicles can pick them up. Empty containers will be returned to their corresponding addresses.
- Please make sure your house number is clearly marked on each bin.
- You may feel slight vibrations from the construction work.
Replacing and taking care of your sod
- The contractor will take care of any sod we replace for 30 days.
- You can help the sod to stay healthy by watering it for one hour in the early morning, two or three times a week. This is especially important in hot or dry weather.
- We will replace your sod as soon as we can, but there may be a short delay.
- It is very common for the work area to settle a bit following construction. If you notice any settlement, please let the project manager or inspector know and we will ensure the contractor fixes it.
Repairing your driveway
- If we need to cut your driveway to replace the existing service valve or access the watermain, we will repair the asphalt in the disturbed area from edge to edge across the driveway. Unfortunately, the Region cannot completely replace your driveway.
- Several weeks before the driveway restoration work, we will send you an update with contact information for the contractor in case you wish to have the remainder of your driveway (private side) paved at the same time.
- If you have any concerns, please call the Project Manager.
- We will repair your driveway as soon as we can, but there may be a short delay.
Repairing the road, curbs, and sidewalks
- We will start restoring the road and boulevard once all replacements and service transfers are complete and as weather permits.
- We will complete the restoration on a street-by-street basis.
- The Region of Peel will always let you know if there are any major changes to the plans.
- Please call the Project Manager or Inspector if you have any concerns or special needs.
How did we do?
- After we've finished, we may distribute you a postage-paid card for you to rate our work.
- If you receive this card, please complete the card and mail it back to us.