Watermain replacement and improvement
Sheridan Park Drive: Fifth Line W - Speakman Drive; Speakman Drive: East Leg: Sheridan Park Drive - Flavelle Boulevard; Flavelle Boulevard. Project 13-1347 B
- We have finished the work. The project is under warranty until May 2023.
- Sheridan Homelands Construction Update: Water, Wastewater, Roads
- MiWay Detour for Speakman Closure: Jun – August 2020
- Speakman Road Closed: Flavelle Blvd – Olive Grove School: June – August 2020
- Benedet Drive Restoration: June, July 2020
- North Sheridan Way closed at Flavelle Blvd: starting May 4, 2020
- Night Work on Speakman Drive: Starting March 9, 2020
- Benedet Drive: South Sheridan to Una Road; December 2019
- Speakman and Flavelle; December 2019
- Benedet Drive: Restoration
- November 2019: Project Update on Benedet Drive from South Sheridan Way to Una Road
- North Sheridan Way Closure, Flavelle Blvd Traffic Pattern Change Until Sep 30, 2019
- Benedet Drive: Poplar Crescent to Una Road: Update
- Benedet Drive: Poplar Crescent to Una Road
- Lane Closures: Sheridan Park Drive West of Speakman Drive: March 25, 26 Evening
- Speakman Drive: Night-time Road Closures
- Public Notice March 2019: Notification of 24-Hour Tunnelling Work under QEW and along Benedet Dr.
- Public Notice February 21/19: Road Closure Benedet Drive from Poplar Crescent to 30 Meters South
- Extension of Night Work to March 15 (PDF) Notification of Night Work –Speakman Drive between Flavelle Boulevard North and Hadwen Road
- North Sheridan Way, Flavelle Boulevard Road Closure: Starts Jan 7, 2019
- Benedet Rd: Poplar – S. Sheridan: Northbound Closed Starts Nov 18
What we are doing
- Constructing new watermains along Speakman Drive, Flavelle Boulevard, North Sheridan Way, and Benedet Drive and through Sheridan Park. View area map (PDF)
- To upgrade the water system capacity and reliability as part of the Region of Peel's State of Good Repair program.
- We expect to start work on or about October 8, 2018.
- The project should be completed in approximately 18 months. All work is under warranty for two years from the completion date.
- We will start restoring the road when all water system replacements and transfers are complete, and as weather permits.
|Region of Peel|
|Contact Person||Responsibilities||Telephone Number|
|Nicole Sartor||Project Manager||905-791-7800, ext. 7832|
|Sandi LeFaucheur||Project Ambassador||416-457-3889|
GM BluePlan (Consultant) will administer the work, under contract to the Region of Peel
|Zoltan Tako||Contract Administrator||519-824-8150|
|Barry Vlasman||Site Inspector||519-820-1038|
|Tedescon Infrastructure Limited
Tedescon will do the work, under contract to the Region of Peel
|Reeba Arif||Project Manager||905-893-2030 ext. 202|
- Our contractor's normal working hours are from 7 a.m. to 7 p.m. These hours are consistent with the local municipality's bylaws. We understand this may cause some inconvenience, but a shorter working day would mean the project would take longer to complete.
- Sections of the construction along Speakman Drive will occur between 7 p.m. and 7 a.m. (night work) to minimize impacts to local schools and businesses.
Traffic and parking control
- Speakman Drive will have lane closures with flag persons as well as temporary road closures. Detour signage will be posted.
- Flavelle Boulevard northbound will be temporarily closed. Detour signage will be posted. Closure dates not confirmed at this time. Notification will be provided in advance of the closure.
- Flavelle Boulevard southbound will temporarily be changed to north and southbound traffic. Signs will be posted. Closure dates not confirmed at this time. Notification will be provided in advance of the closure.
- North Sheridan Way will be temporarily closed. Detour signage will be posted. Closure dates not confirmed at this time. Notification will be provided in advance of the closure.
- Benedet Drive will be open to southbound traffic only. Q Convenience and Petro gas station will remain open during construction.
- We may need to reduce traffic in other areas to a single lane during construction.
- On-street parking will be reduced during construction.
- Due to construction activities, we may need to block your driveway for a short time. We will contact you before we do this to arrange for the best time and for alternate access, if needed. If your driveway is blocked, you may choose to park on a side street for a short time. If you need immediate access to your driveway, the contractor will have road plates available to quickly allow access in and out of your driveway.
- We will make sure businesses have access at all times.
- Please call the Project Manager or Project Ambassador if you have special needs related to access or business hours.
Sheridan park access
- Sheridan Park soccer fields will be closed during construction.
Irrigation or sprinkler systems
- Please tell the inspector or project ambassador if you have underground irrigation or a sprinkler system outside your property line.
- You may wish to move the sprinkler lines to inside your private property to avoid damage.
- If tree branches within the right-of-way interfere with construction, the contractor will have the trees pruned before equipment enters the drip line of the tree.
- If tree branches on private property interfere with construction, they will be pruned back to the nearest suitable trunk, crotch or branch.
- The contractor will ask you for permission before cutting any branches on private property. If you do not allow the contractor onto your property to trim the branches, the branches will be cut vertically at the property line.
Interrupting your water supply
- It is our goal to let you know 48 hours (2 days) in advance if we need to shut off your water. Occasionally, we may have to reduce this notice to 24 hours.
- If we have to shut off your water because of an emergency, we will do everything we can to fix the problem as quickly as possible.
- Your garbage, recycling and organics containers will continue to be picked up on your regularly scheduled day. It is the contractor's responsibility to move your garbage, recycling and organics bins to a location where our collection vehicles can pick them up. Empty containers will be returned to their corresponding addresses. Please make sure your house number is clearly marked on each bin.
- You may feel slight vibrations from the construction work.
Replacing and taking care of your sod
- The contractor will take care of any sod we replace for 30 days.
- You can help the sod to stay healthy by watering it for one hour in the early morning, two or three times a week. This is especially important in hot or dry weather.
- We will replace your sod as soon as we can, but there may be a short delay.
- It is very common for the work area to settle a bit following construction. If you notice any settlement, please let the project manager or inspector know and we will ensure the contractor fixes it.
Repairing your driveway
- If we need to cut your driveway to replace the existing service valve or access the watermain, we will repair the asphalt in the disturbed area from edge to edge across the driveway. Unfortunately the Region cannot completely replace your driveway.
- If you have any concerns, please call the Project Manager.
- We will repair your driveway as soon as we can, but there may be a short delay.
Repairing the road, curbs, and sidewalks
- We will start restoring the road and boulevard once all replacements and service transfers are complete and as weather permits.
- We will replace the water service pipe to your service box (the round valve near the property line).
- As the pipe between the service box and the building is probably the same age and condition as the watermain, you may wish to replace it to ensure a constant supply of high-quality drinking water to your tap. This is the property owner's responsibility; the Region cannot do this work for you.
- For more information on replacing the private-side water service, please visit peelregion.ca/pw/water/private-side-water-service.htm
- The Region of Peel will always let you know if there are any major changes to the plans.
- We will try to disturb you as little as possible.
- Please call the project manager or inspector if you have any concerns or special needs.
How did we do
- After we've finished, we will give you a postage-paid card for you to rate our work.
- Please complete the card and mail it back to us.