Rehabilitation of Dixie Road
Orchard Hill Road to 350 M northerly and the CNR Bridge underpass north of Lakeshore Road project 14-4850.
The Region of Peel is rehabilitating Dixie Road and the CNR bridge underpass (north of Lakeshore Road). Work will be completed in stages.
What we are doing
- Stage 1: East side rehabilitation of Dixie Road will commence this spring 2021, until late summer 2021. This work will include the sidewalk, repair of the underground water drainage, temporary asphalt pavement and line markings.
- Following stage 1, Alectra Utilities will relocate the existing aerial wires on the west right-of-way into new underground ducts, under the west side of the roadway. This is tentatively scheduled for completion by early fall 2021.
- Stage 2: West side rehabilitation of Dixie Road will commence in fall 2021, until summer 2022. This work will include the sidewalk, and final asphalt pavement on both sides of Dixie Road with permanent line markings.
- One lane of traffic in either direction will be maintained for most works, with short duration single lane reductions, occurring only during off-peak traffic hours.
- Access for emergency vehicles and businesses will be maintained at all times.
- Please use caution when travelling through the work zone and obey all traffic signs, flag persons, and paid duty police officers when present.
- Normal work hours are from 7 a.m. to 7 p.m., Monday to Friday.
- Some weekend and overnight work is required at the bridge to mitigate impact to critical CN Rail and Metrolinx service.
- Extended working hours may cause some inconvenience; however they will help facilitate completion of the project as quickly and safely as possible.
- You may feel slight vibrations from the construction work.
- The Region of Peel will always let you know if there are any major changes to the plans. We will try to disturb you as little as possible.
- Construction project updates can also be found at peelregion.ca/construction
Who can you call?
|Region of Peel|
|Contact Person||Responsibilities||Telephone Number|
|Mirgien Arkaxhiu||Construction inspector
||905-791-5997, ext. 3246/47|
|Nabiel Matta||Project manager||905-791-7800, ext. 7862|
|Esposito Bros Construction Ltd
under contract to the Region of Peel
|Gianpaolo Sturino||Site superintendent||416-989-6145|
|Domanic Petosa||Project manager||416-990-1677|
Jewell-Engineering will manage and oversee the work, under contract to the Region of Peel
|Kasey Bartusevicius||Contract administrator||905-855-1592, ext. 201|
Construction statement regarding COVID-19
Critical infrastructure construction is an essential service. We're keeping employees, contractors and the community safe by complying with provincial guidelines, physical distancing, using personal protective equipment, and adjusting work schedules and shifts.