Watermain replacement and improvement
The Collegeway. Project 14-1346 F
- We have finished the work. The project is under warranty until January 2021.
- November 2018: Night-Time Works (PDF)
What we are doing
- Replacing and improving the aging watermain along The Collegeway from Mississauga Road to Winston Churchill Boulevard. View area map (PDF).
- Replacing the water service pipe to your service box.
- To upgrade the water system capacity and reliability as part of the Region of Peel’s State of Good Repair program.
- We expect to start work on or about the week of February 19, 2018, starting at Mississauga Road and working west towards Winston Churchill Boulevard.
- The project should be completed before October 31, 2018. All work is under warranty for two years from the completion date.
- We will start restoring the road when all water system replacements and transfers are complete, and as weather permits.
Who you can call
|Region of Peel|
|Contact Person||Responsibilities||Telephone Number|
|Greg Beams||Project Manager||905-791-7800, ext. 7839|
|Steve Mahaney||Inspector||905-791-7800, ext. 3246|
|Lakeside Contracting Company Ltd.
Lakeside will do the work, under contract to the Region of Peel
|Shawn Aguiar||Project Manager||905-279-1198|
- Our contractor’s normal working hours are from 7 a.m. to 7 p.m. These hours are consistent with the local municipality’s bylaws. We understand this may cause some inconvenience, but a shorter working day would mean the project would take longer to complete.
Traffic and parking control
- We may need to reduce traffic to a single lane during construction.
- If we have to reroute traffic, we will place signs giving directions.
- Due to construction activities, we may need to block your driveway for a short time. We will contact you before we do this to arrange for the best time and for alternate access, if needed. If your driveway is blocked, you may choose to park on a side street for a short time. If you need immediate access to your driveway, the contractor will have road plates available to quickly allow access in and out of your driveway.
- We will make sure businesses have access at all times.
- Please call the Project Manager if you have special needs related to access or business hours.
Interrupting your water supply
- It is our goal to let you know 48 hours (2 days) in advance if we need to shut off your water. Occasionally, we may have to reduce this notice to 24 hours.
- If we have to shut off your water because of an emergency, we will do everything we can to fix the problem as quickly as possible.
- You may feel slight vibrations from the construction work.
Repairing the road, curbs, and sidewalks
- Our contractor will pave only the trench they dug and install temporary curbs because the City of Mississauga plans to pave The Collegeway in late 2019.
- The City of Mississauga will start their work after we have finished the watermain.
- The Region of Peel will always let you know if there are any major changes to the plans.
- We will try to disturb you as little as possible.
- Please call the project manager or inspector if you have any concerns or special needs.