Construction work starting in your neighbourhood
Cawthra Road - Phase 2. Projects 18-2252 and 15-1345
- Cawthra Road: Hyacinthe to Burnhamthorpe Drill Rig Move February 11, 2021
- Cawthra/Hyacinthe Intersection: Jan – Feb 2021
- Schomberg Avenue: Restoration November 2020
- Schomberg Avenue and Glorene Court: Leaf Pickup November 16, 2020
- Hassall Road and Molly Avenue: Restoration November 2020
- Cawthra/Burnhamthorpe: Night Work September 2020 – January 2021
- Watermain replacement at Cawthra road intersection
- Cawthra Road at Burnhamthorpe Road: Until Mid-September 2020
- Schomberg Avenue, Cawthra Phase 2
- Cawthra/Burnhamthorpe Plaza: Cawthra Entrance July 8 – 17
- Silver Creek Update: July 9, 2020
- Construction at Bloor Street and Mississauga Valley Blvd
- Cawthra Road at Silver Creek Blvd: Week of May 11
- Hassall Road: May – July 2020
- Cawthra / Hyacinthe Intersection: April 12 – 16
- Cawthra / Hassall Intersection: Apr 7 – 14
- NE Cawthra / Bloor Sidewalk: Feb – Mar 2020
- Silver Creek Blvd: Feb – Mar 2020
- Cawthra / Bloor Construction Compound: January 2020
- Drilling at Cawthra / Burnhamthorpe: December 2019 – January 2020
We have started construction of the Cawthra Rd. Sanitary Sewer and Watermain, Phase 2. This is part of the Region of Peel’s multi-phased project to reduce basement flooding by diverting wastewater flow away from areas prone to surcharging, expand sanitary sewer capacity, and upgrade the water system capacity and reliability. View area map (PDF).
The scope of the Phase 2 project includes:
- Installing 1500mm (5 feet) diameter sanitary sewer on Cawthra Rd from Burnhamthorpe Rd E to Bloor St, by tunnelling.
- Installing 1200mm (4 feet) diameter sanitary sewer on Bloor St W from Mississauga Valley Blvd to Cawthra Rd, by tunnelling.
- Installing smaller diameter sanitary sewers and watermains along various adjacent streets, by the open cut method.
- Noise level: medium, some vibrations might be felt.
- Contractor: Technicore Underground Inc.
- Site Inspector: Cole Engineering Group Ltd.
ScheduleConstruction started in November 2019 and will be substantially completed by January 2021.
Reducing the impact of construction
- We will manage traffic to minimize disruption to vehicles, cyclists and pedestrians.
- Regular working hours will be 7 a.m. to 7 p.m., Monday to Friday. We may extend working hours for tunneling activities.
- It is our goal to let you know 48 hours (2 days) in advance if we need to shut off your water. Occasionally, we may have to reduce this notice to 24 hours.
Traffic, driveway and parking information
- All roads and streets within the project limits will always remain open to traffic; however, we may need to temporarily reduce traffic to a single lane during some portions of work.
- Due to construction activities, we may need to block your driveway for a short time. We will contact you before we do this to arrange for the best time and for alternate access, if needed.
- On-street parking will be reduced during construction.
- We will have to remove some trees along the construction route. We will replace these trees and restore landscaping when we have finished the work.