Project update watermain construction
Little John Lane. 16-1310 F2
What we are doing
- Reinstating the roadway, driveways, and sod following the replacement of the watermain and services along Little John Lane.
- Complete restoration following upgrade of the water distribution system.
- To complete the project and restore the roadway following construction of the new watermain.
- We expect to start restoration work on or about May 23rd, 2019 and be completed by May 31, 2019.
Who you can call
|Region of Peel|
|Contact Person||Responsibilities||Telephone Number|
|Osama Alfalahi, P.Eng
|905-791-7800, ext. 7471
905-791-7800, ext. 3246
|Sandy Scamurra Contracting Ltd.
Sandy Scamurra Contracting Ltd. will do the work, under contract to the Region of Peel
|Albert Scamurra||Project Manager & President||905-564-1740|
Traffic and parking control
- We may need to reduce traffic to a single lane during restoration activities.
- If we have to reroute traffic, we will place signs giving directions.
- Due to construction activities, we may need to block your driveway for a short time. We will contact you before we do this to arrange for the best time and for alternate access, if needed.
Replacing and taking care of your sod
- The contractor will take care of any sod we replace for 30 days.
- You can help the sod to stay healthy by watering it for one hour in the early morning, two or three times a week. This is especially important in hot or dry weather.
- It is very common for the work area to settle a bit following construction. If you notice any settlement, please let the project manager or inspector know and we will ensure the contractor fixes it.
Repairing your driveway
- If we have cut your driveway, we will repair the asphalt or granular in the disturbed area from edge to edge across the driveway. Unfortunately the Region cannot completely replace your driveway.
- We will repair your driveway as soon as we can, but there may be a short delay.
- The Region of Peel will always let you know if there are any major changes to the plans.
- We will try to disturb you as little as possible.
- Please call the project manager or inspector if you have any problems or special needs.
How did we do
- After we’ve finished, you will receive a postage-paid card for you to rate our work or to let us know if you have any questions or concerns.
- Please complete the card and mail it back to us.