Watermain replacement and improvement
Orewell Street. Project 17-1392
- We have finished the work. The project is under warranty until September 2020.
- July 05 2018: Watermain Replacement and Improvement on Orwell St and Tedlo St (PDF)
What we are doing
- Replacing and improving the watermain and water services along Orwell Street. View area map (PDF).
- Removing abandoned fire hydrants along Orwell Street and Tedlo Street in anticipation of City of Mississauga roadway rehabilitation works planned for summer 2018.
- To upgrade the water system capacity and reliability as part of the Region of Peel's State of Good Repair program.
- We expect to start work on or about May 14, 2018 at Orwell Street near Cawthra Road.
- The watermain works should be completed before July, 2018 when the City of Mississauga's roadway rehabilitation work is expected to commence. All watermain work is under warranty for two years from the completion date.
Who you can call
|Region of Peel|
|Contact Person||Responsibilities||Telephone Number|
|Scott Durdle||Project Manager||905-791-7800, ext 5052|
|Brandon Vandermeer||Construction Inspector||905-791-7800, ext. 3246|
Lakeside Contracting Company Ltd.
|Stefan Radović||Project Manager||905-279-1198|
- Our contractor's normal working hours are from 7 a.m. to 7 p.m. These hours are consistent with the local municipality's bylaws. We understand this may cause some inconvenience, but a shorter working day would mean the project would take longer to complete.
Traffic and parking control
- We may need to reduce traffic to a single lane during construction.
- If we have to reroute traffic, we will place signs giving directions.
- On-street parking will be reduced during construction.
- Due to construction activities, we may need to block your driveway for a short time. We will contact you before we do this to arrange for the best time and for alternate access, if needed. If your driveway is blocked, you may choose to park on a side street for a short time. If you need immediate access to your driveway, the contractor will have road plates available to quickly allow access in and out of your driveway.
- We will make sure businesses have access at all times.
- Please call the Project Manager if you have special needs related to access or business hours.
Irrigation or sprinkler systems
- Please tell the inspector if you have underground irrigation or a sprinkler system outside your property line.
- You may wish to move the sprinkler lines to inside your private property to avoid damage.
Interrupting your water supply
- It is our goal to let you know 48 hours (2 days) in advance if we need to shut off your water. Occasionally, we may have to reduce this notice to 24 hours.
- If we have to shut off your water because of an emergency, we will do everything we can to fix the problem as quickly as possible.
- You may feel slight vibrations from the construction work.
Repairing the road, curbs, and sidewalks
- Our contractor will pave only the trench they dug and install temporary curbs because the City of Mississauga plans to pave Orwell Street and Tedlo Street in summer 2018.
- The City of Mississauga plans to start their work after we have finished the watermain works.
- The Region of Peel will always let you know if there are any major changes to the plans.
- We will try to disturb you as little as possible.
- Please call the project manager or inspector if you have any concerns or special needs.
How did we do
After we’ve finished, we will give you a postage-paid card for you to rate our work.
- Please complete the card and mail it back to us.