Construction work starting in your neighborhood
The Region of Peel will be replacing the Fifeshire Sewage Pumping Station located on Fifeshire Court. This is to replace the aging facility and to reduce the risk of flooding in your community.
Wastewater comes from flushing toilets, having a shower or washing dishes. The sanitary sewer pipe takes wastewater from homes and business to the treatment plant.
Reducing the impact of construction
- A temporary pump will be installed on the site to maintain sanitary sewer flows
- The work will be phased to minimize disruption to traffic in the area
- One lane of traffic will be maintained in each direction at all times
- Pedestrian access to adjacent homes and businesses will be maintained
- Should construction require an interruption of your water supply, we will contact to arrange the most convenient time. If an emergency shutdown is required, we will inform you and attempt to minimize the inconvenience
- If there are any substantial changes to the project, we will let you know
Construction is expected to start May 15, 2018 and continue to the end of April 2020. Work will take place between 7 a.m. and 7 p.m.
The Region encourages you to notify us if you have special requirements or if you have any comments or issues.
Lyle LeDrew, C.E.T
Region of Peel, Public Works
10 Peel Centre Drive, Suite B, 4th Floor
Brampton, Ontario L6T 4B9
905-791-7800, ext. 7836