Notice of sanitary sewer construction
Fifth Line West. Project 19-2300 D2
The Region of Peel will be working in your neighborhood to install new sanitary sewer pipes and maintenance holes. View attached map. The work is a part of the Region’s commitment to maintain and improve wastewater services which includes installing new pipes and a maintenance hole at the intersection of 5th Line West and Glen Erin / 5th Line Trail. This project will improve the flow of wastewater and reduce the risk of blockages that cause sewer backups.
Important traffic safety information
A full road closure of 5th Line West is required due to the depth and nature of the sanitary sewer construction work and significant existing utilities. Motorists will be reminded to abide by traffic signs and construction signs posted in local areas to ensure the safety of all road users, pedestrians, and cyclists. Access for local traffic will be maintained, including access to all driveways and the multiuse trail. One of the sidewalks on 5th Line West will be kept open for pedestrian use. Signage will share information about sidewalk use.
Construction is expected to start on or about January 4, 2022 and be completed in approximately four months.
Minimizing construction impacts to you
- There will be a road closure at the intersection of 5th Line West and Glen Erin / 5th Line Trail with detour routes posted.
- Regular working hours will be between 7 a.m. and 7 p.m., Monday to Saturday.
- Pedestrian access to the trail will be maintained.
- Driveway access will be provided at all the times.
To stay informed
- Receive timely project updates right to your inbox by signing up for e-notices at peelregion.ca/construction.
- Find updates on the project webpage by visiting peelregion.ca/construction/projects.asp and searching by city and street name.
Safety during construction
- Construction zones require extra caution to keep everyone safe – pedestrians, cyclists, drivers, and construction workers. When driving, walking, or biking through the construction area, please be aware of your surroundings, watch for construction crews and other road users, slow down, account for delays, and consider other routes if possible.
- To learn more about how to stay safe in construction zones, visit peelregion.ca/construction/work-zone-safety.asp
We’d like to hear from you
- After we’ve finished, we will invite you to provide feedback on the construction project.
- You can sign up to receive this survey electronically at peelregion.ca/construction by clicking ‘Sign up for email notices.’
If you would like to speak with us about this work, please contact us
- Email: email@example.com
- Phone: 905-791-7800 ext. 4409