Watermain replacement, Erin Mills Phase 1
Split Maple Gate, Sharonton Court and Miraya Court. Project 20-1310 I
To complete the restoration following the upgrade of the water distribution system, we will be reinstating the road, driveways, sod, and curb following the replacement of the watermain and services along Split Maple Gate, Sharonton Court and Miraya Court, in Mississauga.
Road asphalt restoration work is scheduled to started as early as Thursday December 3rd, 2020 and will be completed by Friday December 11th, 2020.
Region of Peel
|Contact Person||Responsibilities||Telephone Number|
905-791-7800, ext. 3246
London Excavators will do the work, under contract to the Region of Peel
Traffic and Parking Control
- We may need to reduce traffic to a single lane during construction.
- If we must reroute traffic, we will place signs providing directions.
- Due to construction activities, we may need to block your driveway for a short time. We will contact you before we do this to arrange for the best time and for alternate access, if needed.
- Please call the Project Manager if you have special needs related to access.
Replacing and Taking Care of Your Sod
- The contractor will take care of any sod we replace for 30 days.
- You can help the sod to stay healthy by watering it for one hour in the early morning, two or three times a week. This is especially important in hot or dry weather.
- We will replace your sod as soon as we can, but there may be a short delay.
- It is very common for the work area to settle a bit following construction. If you notice any settlement, please let the project manager or inspector know and we will ensure the contractor fixes it.
Repairing Your Driveway
- The City of Mississauga has scheduled Sharonton Court and Miraya Court for Roadway Rehabilitation in 2021, pending Council approval. Split Maple Gate is currently scheduled for Roadway Rehabilitation in 2023. During Roadway Rehabilitation works, a portion of most driveways will be disturbed again along the curb.
- If we damaged a portion of your asphalt driveway, a temporary asphalt patch will be installed by our watermain contractor. Following the City of Mississauga’s work your driveway will be replaced in the disturbed area from edge to edge across the driveway.
Repairing the Road, Curbs, and Sidewalks
- All sections of curbs impacted by the watermain construction shall be temporarily restored by the Region with asphalt curbs this year. The City of Mississauga shall restore them with permanent concrete curbs as part of their works.
- Any sidewalk bays impacted by the watermain construction will be permanently restored with concrete.
- The impacted roadway in your neighborhood will be restored with new asphalt over the watermain trench width only.
- As part of the overall improvement in your neighborhood, the City of Mississauga shall resurface your street as part of their road resurfacing program, scheduled in 2022.
- The Region of Peel will always let you know if there are any major changes to the plans.
- We will try to disturb you as little as possible.
- Please call the project manager or inspector if you have any concerns or special needs.