Watermain replacement and improvement
Pitch Pine Crescent, Peachtree Court, Greenbower Court, Basswood Crescent, Shadbush Court & Longleaf Court. Project 20-1310 I-4
The Region of Peel anticipates replacing the watermains in your area this upcoming spring. Watermains are underground pipes that bring tap water from our water treatment plants to your neighbourhood. As pipes age and our population grows, we need to replace older watermains to keep providing high quality water to you.
This upcoming construction will take place in the municipal right-of-way. The municipal right-of way is the land owned by your city between the street and your water service box (small, round metal valve in either your driveway or lawn). This work may impact the bottom of your driveway and the area around the sidewalk. We therefore recommend delaying any major landscaping or driveway paving until after this construction has been completed.
Before we start construction, you may notice several activities in your neighbourhood:
- We will survey your street and use temporary spray paint or flags to mark the location of underground gas, hydro, and cable on roads, driveways, and lawns.
- We may drill holes in the road or municipal right-of-way (the land between the street and your water service box) to collect soil samples, determine ground conditions, or confirm utility locations.
- We will take pictures and record video to help us restore the area as close as possible to its former condition, after construction takes place.
Keeping you informed
We are currently in the design stage, and plan on starting the construction in the spring of this year.
We will deliver more detailed information to your home closer to the proposed construction date.
Sign up for email notices
- Receive timely updates right to your inbox by signing up for e-notices at peelregion.ca/construction
- If you have any questions, please contact us.
Water Linear Engineering and Reliability, Engineering Services Division
Region of Peel
Phone: 905-791-7800 ext. 4409