Watermain replacement and improvement
Elite Road and Wembury Road. Project 21-1310 I
What we're doing
- Replacing and improving the aging watermain along Elite Road and Wembury Road as shown on the attached map.
- Replacing the water service pipe to your service box.
- To upgrade the water system capacity and reliability as part of the Region of Peel’s State of Good Repair program.
- We expect our contractor to start mobilizing to the site during this week
- We expect to start work on or about July 26th, 2021 starting at Elite Road and Truscott Drive.
- We will start restoring the road when all water system replacements and transfers are complete, and as weather permits.
Sign up for email notices to stay informed
- Receive timely project updates right to your inbox by signing up for e-notices.
Contractor and Working Hours
- This work will be performed by Vic’s Group Inc. under contract to the Region of Peel.
- This contractor’s normal working hours are from 7 a.m. to 7 p.m. These hours are consistent with the local municipality’s bylaws. We understand this may cause some inconvenience, but a shorter working day would mean the project would take longer to complete.
Traffic and Parking Control
- We may need to reduce traffic to a single lane during construction.
- If we have to reroute traffic, we will place signs giving directions.
- On-street parking will be reduced during construction.
- Due to construction activities, we may need to block your driveway for a short time. We will contact you before we do this to arrange for the best time and for alternate access, if needed. If your driveway is blocked, you may choose to park on a side street for a short time. If you need immediate access to your driveway, the contractor will have road plates available to quickly allow access in and out of your driveway.
- Please contact us if you have special needs related to access or business hours.
Irrigation or Sprinkler Systems
- Please contact us or tell the construction inspector onsite if you have underground irrigation or a sprinkler system outside your property line.
- You may wish to move the sprinkler lines to inside your private property to avoid damage.
- If tree branches within the right-of-way interfere with construction, the contractor will have the trees pruned before equipment enters the drip line of the tree.
- If tree branches on private property interfere with construction, they will be pruned back to the nearest suitable trunk, crotch or branch.
- The contractor will ask you for permission before cutting any branches on private property. If you do not allow the contractor onto your property to trim the branches, the branches will be cut vertically at the property line.
Interrupting Your Water Supply
- It is our goal to let you know 48 hours (2 days) in advance if we need to shut off your water. Occasionally, we may have to reduce this notice to 24 hours.
- For water interruption during service transfers, the contractor will notify you the day of the transfer as this will be a brief interruption. This will ensure proper notification for short duration works.
- If we have to shut off your water because of an emergency, we will do everything we can to fix the problem as quickly as possible.
- Your garbage, recycling and organics containers will continue to be picked up on your regularly scheduled day. It is the contractor’s responsibility to move your garbage, recycling and organics bins to a location where our collection vehicles can pick them up. Empty containers will be returned to their corresponding addresses. Please make sure your house number is clearly marked on each bin.
- You may feel slight vibrations from the construction work.
Replacing and Taking Care of Your Sod
- The contractor will take care of any sod we replace for 30 days.
- You can help the sod to stay healthy by watering it for one hour in the early morning, two or three times a week. This is especially important in hot or dry weather.
- We will replace your sod as soon as we can, but there may be a short delay.
- It is very common for the work area to settle a bit following construction. If you notice any settlement, please contact us and we will ensure the contractor fixes it.
Repairing Your Driveway
- If we need to cut your driveway to replace the existing service valve or access the watermain, we will repair the asphalt in the disturbed area only with temporary asphalt, as marked on your driveway under this contract. Unfortunately, the Region cannot completely replace your driveway. Please review the marks on your driveways.
- If your driveway is being temporarily restored under this project, it will be permanently restored, as per the City’s standards, as part of the City of Mississauga’s resurfacing roadworks in your neighborhood, anticipated in 2022, subject to budget and Council approval.
- If you are planning to have your driveway paved or any significant landscaping done, you are encouraged to wait until the City of Mississauga’s road resurfacing program is complete in order to avoid unnecessary cuts, patches or damages that may be required on your property during the work.
- If you have any concerns, please contact us.
- We will repair your driveway as soon as we can, but there may be a short delay.
Repairing the Road, Curbs, and Sidewalks
- We will start restoring the road and boulevard once all replacements and service transfers are complete and as weather permits.
- We will complete the restoration on a street-by-street basis.
- We will replace the water service pipe to your service box (the round valve near the property line).
- As the pipe between the service box and the building is probably the same age and condition as the watermain, you may wish to replace it to ensure a constant supply of high-quality drinking water to your tap. This is the property owner’s responsibility; the Region cannot do this work for you.
- For more information on replacing the private-side water service, please visit peelregion.ca/pw/water/private-side-water-service.htm
- The Region of Peel will always let you know if there are any major changes to the plans.
- We will try to disturb you as little as possible.
- Please contact us if you have any concerns or special needs.
Questions or concerns?
- Email email@example.com
- Call 905-791-7800 extension 4409
How Did We Do?
- After we’ve finished, we will give you a postage-paid card for you to provide feedback on the construction project. Please complete the card and mail it back to us.
- You can also sign up to receive this survey electronically at peelregion.ca/construction by clicking ‘Sign up for email notices’.
Construction statement regarding COVID-19
Critical infrastructure construction is an essential service. We’re keeping employees, contractors and the community safe by complying with provincial guidelines, physical distancing, using personal protective equipment, and adjusting work schedules and shifts.