Watermain replacement and improvement
Edenwood Drive. Project 21-1310 K
- The new watermain on Edenwood Drive between Oka Road and Farmstead Lane is now complete including the commissioning of the new watermain. Properties on Edenwood Drive will now have their individual water service lines transferred from the old watermains to the new watermains.
- A new water service line will be brought up to your property line where a new water service box will also be installed. Where possible your water service line will be brought up to the property line using trenchless methods (tunneling). However, the area around the water service box will be excavated.
- We expect to start replacing the water service lines on or about June 2, 2021.
- All work is under warranty for two years from the completion date.
- We will start restoring the road when all water system replacements and transfers are complete, and as weather permits.
- Our contractor’s normal working hours are from 7 a.m. to 7 p.m. These hours are consistent with the local municipality’s bylaws. We understand this may cause some inconvenience, but a shorter working day would mean the project would take longer to complete.
Interrupting your water supply
- It is our goal to let you know 48 hours (2 days) in advance if we plan to shut off your water for an extended period (several hours). Occasionally, we may have to reduce this notice to 24 hours.
- On the day we connect your water service to the new watermain, the contractor will let you know that your water will be shut off for approximately 30 to 45 minutes. This will ensure proper notification for short duration works.
- If we must shut off your water because of an emergency, we will do everything we can to fix the problem as quickly as possible.
- The Region of Peel will always let you know if there are any major changes to the plans.
- We will try to disturb you as little as possible.
- Please contact us if you have any concerns or special needs.
Sign up for email notices to stay informed
- Receive timely project updates right to your inbox by signing up for e-notices at peelregion.ca/construction.
Questions or concerns?
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Call 905-791-7800 extension 4409
How did we do?
- After we’ve finished, we will give you a postage-paid card for you to provide feedback on the construction project. Please complete the card and mail it back to us.
- You can also sign up to receive this survey electronically at peelregion.ca/construction by clicking ‘Sign up for email notices’.