Watermain replacement and improvement
Fullerton Crescent, Edenwood Drive Project 21-1310K
- We have finished the work. The project is under warranty until October 2023.
- July 2022: Watermain replacement and improvement Fullerton Crescent and Edenwood Drive
- Nov. 2021: Replacing and Relocating the Existing Water Service at 3174 Cantelon Crescent, 5644 Ninth Line & 5476 Nine Line
- September 2021: Road Paving on Edenwood Drive and Fullerton Crescent
- August 2021: Driveway Restoration on Edenwood Drive and Fullerton Crescent
- August 2021: Road Paving on Edenwood Drive and Fullerton Crescent
- July 2021: Restoration on Edenwood Drive and Fullerton Crescent
- June 2021: Watermain Connection on Fullerton Crescent
- June 2021: Watermain Connection on Edenwood Drive
What are we doing?
- Replacing and improving the aging watermain along Edenwood Drive from Farmstead Lane to Oka Road and Fullerton Crescent as shown on the attached map.
- Replacing the water service pipe to your service box.
- To upgrade the water system capacity and reliability as part of the Region of Peel’s State of Good Repair program.
- We expect to start work on or about April 19th, 2021, starting on Edenwood Drive.
- The project should be completed by September 2021. All work is under warranty for two years from the completion date.
- We will start restoring the road when all water system replacements and transfers are complete, and as weather permits.
Sign up for email notices to stay informed
- Receive timely project updates right to your inbox by signing up for e-notices at peelregion.ca/construction
Contractor and working hours
- This work will be performed by Gio Contracting under contract to the Region of Peel.
- The contractor’s normal working hours are from 7 a.m. to 7 p.m. These hours are consistent with the local municipality’s bylaws. We understand this may cause some inconvenience, but a shorter working day would mean the project would take longer to complete.
Traffic and parking control
- We may need to reduce traffic to a single lane during construction.
- If we have to reroute traffic, we will place signs giving directions.
- On-street parking will be reduced during construction.
- Due to construction activities, we may need to block your driveway for a short time. We will contact you before we do this to arrange for the best time and for alternate access, if needed. If your driveway is blocked, you may choose to park on a side street for a short time. If you need immediate access to your driveway, the contractor will have road plates available to quickly allow access in and out of your driveway.
- We will make sure businesses have access at all times.
- Please contact us if you have special needs related to access or business hours.
Irrigation or sprinkler systems
- Please contact us or tell the construction inspector onsite if you have underground irrigation or a sprinkler system outside your property line.
- You may wish to move the sprinkler lines to inside your private property to avoid damage.
- If tree branches within the right-of-way interfere with construction, the contractor will have the trees pruned before equipment enters the drip line of the tree.
- If tree branches on private property interfere with construction, they will be pruned back to the nearest suitable trunk, crotch or branch.
- The contractor will ask you for permission before cutting any branches on private property. If you do not allow the contractor onto your property to trim the branches, the branches will be cut vertically at the property line.
Interrupting your water supply
- It is our goal to let you know 48 hours (2 days) in advance if we need to shut off your water. Occasionally, we may have to reduce this notice to 24 hours.
- For water interruption during service transfers, the contractor will notify you the day of the transfer as this will be a brief interruption. This will ensure proper notification for short duration works.
- If we have to shut off your water because of an emergency, we will do everything we can to fix the problem as quickly as possible.
- Your garbage, recycling and organics containers will continue to be picked up on your regularly scheduled day. It is the contractor’s responsibility to move your garbage, recycling and organics bins to a location where our collection vehicles can pick them up. Empty containers will be returned to their corresponding addresses. Please make sure your house number is clearly marked on each bin.
- You may feel slight vibrations from the construction work.
Replacing and taking care of your sod
- The contractor will take care of any sod we replace for 30 days.
- You can help the sod to stay healthy by watering it for one hour in the early morning, two or three times a week. This is especially important in hot or dry weather.
- We will replace your sod as soon as we can, but there may be a short delay.
- It is very common for the work area to settle a bit following construction. If you notice any settlement, please contact us and we will ensure the contractor fixes it.
Repairing your driveway
- If we need to cut your driveway to replace the existing service valve or access the watermain, we will repair the asphalt in the disturbed area from edge to edge across the driveway. Unfortunately, the Region cannot completely replace your driveway.
- We will repair your driveway as soon as we can, but there may be a short delay.
- Once we have finished our construction, it is your decision whether you want to have your entire driveway repaved. This extra paving work is your responsibility. If you choose to do nothing, we will only repair the areas damaged by our construction.
- If you have any concerns, please contact us
Repairing the road, curbs, and sidewalks
- We will start restoring the road and boulevard once all replacements and service transfers are complete and as weather permits.
- We will complete the restoration on a street-by-street basis.
- The Region of Peel will always let you know if there are any major changes to the plans.
- We will try to disturb you as little as possible.
- Please contact us if you have any concerns or special needs.
Questions or concerns?
- Email email@example.com
- Call 905-791-7800 extension 4409
How did we do?
- After we’ve finished, we will give you a postage-paid card for you to provide feedback on the construction project. Please complete the card and mail it back to us.
- You can also sign up to receive this survey electronically at peelregion.ca/construction by clicking ‘Sign up for email notices’.