Water and wastewater privatization
Eglinton Crosstown West light rail transit extension on Citation Place and Commerce Boulevard. Project 21-1310 O
What are we doing?
- Privatizing the water and wastewater systems for the Eglinton Crosstown West Light Rail Transit Extension on Citation Place and Commerce Boulevard.
- We expect to start work on or about May 26, 2021, starting at Citation Place and Commerce Boulevard.
- The project should be completed before June 30, 2021. All work is under warranty for two years from the completion date.
- We will start restoring the road when all water and wastewater system transfers are complete, and as weather permits.
Who can you call?
|Region of Peel|
|Contact Person||Responsibilities||Telephone Number|
|Cesar Fadel||Project Manager||905-791-7800, ext. 3247|
|Sajmir Zesllari||Inspector||905-791-7800, ext. 3246|
Rymall Construction will do the work, under contract to the Region of Peel
|Bob Clarke||Project Manager||416-677-2783|
|Piero Fabiano||Site Superintendent||416-677-2784|
- Our contractor’s normal working hours are from 7 a.m. to 7 p.m. These hours are consistent with the local municipality’s bylaws. We understand this may cause some inconvenience, but a shorter working day would mean the project would take longer to complete.
Traffic and parking control
- We may need to reduce traffic to a single lane during construction.
- If we have to reroute traffic, we will place signs giving directions.
- On-street parking will be reduced during construction.
Interrupting your water supply
- It is our goal to let you know 48 hours (2 days) in advance if we need to shut off your water. Occasionally, we may have to reduce this notice to 24 hours.
- For water interruption during service transfers, the contractor will notify you the day of the transfer as this will be a brief interruption. This will ensure proper notification for short duration works.
- If we have to shut off your water because of an emergency, we will do everything we can to fix the problem as quickly as possible.
- You may feel slight vibrations from the construction work.
Repairing the road, curbs, and sidewalks
- We will start restoring the road and boulevard once all replacements and service transfers are complete and as weather permits.
- The Region of Peel will always let you know if there are any major changes to the plans.
- We will try to disturb you as little as possible.
- Please call the project manager or inspector if you have any concerns or special needs.