Advance notice watermain replacement and improvement
Trevor Court, Roblo Road, Hortense Road, Tallmast Crescent, Mainroyal Street, Masthead Crescent, Mainsail Crescent, Delfi Road, Frankston Road and Crosstree Court. Project 22-1310 H2
The Region of Peel anticipates replacing the watermains in your area within the next two years. Watermains are underground pipes. Watermains bring tap water from our water treatment plants to your neighbourhood. As pipes age and our population grows, we need to replace older watermains to keep providing high quality water to you.
This construction work may impact the area around your sidewalk and the bottom of your driveway. The land between the street and your water service box (small, round metal valve in either your driveway or lawn) is owned by your City. We therefore recommend delaying any major landscaping or driveway paving until after this construction has been completed.
You may notice several activities in your neighbourhood before we start construction:
- We will survey your street and use temporary spray paint or flags to mark the location of gas, hydro, and cable on roads, driveways, and lawns.
- We may drill holes in the road or municipal right-of-way (the land between the street and your water service box) to collect soil samples and determine ground conditions.
- We will take pictures and record video to help ensure that we restore the area as close as possible to its former condition, after construction takes place.
Keeping you informed
We are currently in the early planning stages, so we can’t give exact dates for when we will do the work.
In addition, as your City’s future planning activities may change, we may alter our plans to replace watermains in your neighbourhood.
To stay informed
- Receive timely updates right to your inbox by signing up for e-notices at peelregion.ca/construction.
- Visit construction projects webpage for more information about this project.
We will deliver more detailed information to your home closer to the proposed construction date.
If you have any questions, please contact us.
Water Linear Engineering and Reliability, Engineering Services Division
Public Works, Region of Peel
Phone: 905-791-7800 ext. 4409