Herridge 1500 Feedermain. Project 22-1310 G
The Region of Peel is planning to undertake internal repairs of the Herridge 1500 Feedermain. This feedermain connects water between the Lorne Park Water Treatment Plant and the Herridge Pumping Station and Reservoir. Water is then diverted from the pumping station to provide clean drinking water to residents and businesses in Peel. This work is required to maintain and improve existing water infrastructure.
The repairs are expected to take place between March and June 2022. Normal working hours are from 7 a.m. to 7 p.m., Monday to Friday and there may be the need to do work occasionally on Saturdays. Please note, there will also be some overnight activities which are expected to have minimal impact on the public.
During the construction you may see the following:
- Construction set up and laydown areas within the boulevard/open lot in the following areas:
- Lakeshore Road at the Lorne Park Water Treatment Plant and
- Balsam Road and Hartland.
- The contractor splitting their time between both of these locations throughout the duration of construction.
- Pumps in operation to drain the watermain.
- Standby generators set up at various locations to facilitate the operations. These generators will run continuously over an extended period of time and may temporarily cause some noise. To help mitigate this noise, an enclosure will be built around the generators.
Water service impacts
There will be no impact to residents’ water service.
There are no expected impacts to traffic.
Sign up for email notices
Receive timely project updates right to your inbox by signing up for e-notices at peelregion.ca/construction.
Safety during construction
Construction zones require extra caution to keep everyone safe – pedestrians, cyclists, drivers, and construction workers. When driving, walking, or biking through the construction area, please be aware of your surroundings, watch for construction crews and other road users, slow down, account for delays, and consider other routes if possible. Learn how to stay safe in construction zones.
Keeping you informed
We will let you know if there are any major changes to the plans. Thank you for your patience as we complete this necessary work. This work will allow us to continue providing you with high quality water service. If you have any questions, please contact us.
Condition Assessment and Rehabilitation, Engineering Services Division
Public Works, Region of Peel
Phone: 905-791-7800 ext. 4409