Advance notice watermain replacement and improvement
Dixie Road from Britannia Road East to South of Highway 401 Bridge Crossing. Project 20-1311
The Region of Peel anticipates replacing the watermains in your area starting in Spring of 2020.
Before we start work, you may notice the following activities in your neighbourhood:
- We will mark the location of gas, hydro, cable, etc. on roads, driveways and lawns.
- We may drill boreholes to determine ground conditions.
- We may survey your street.
- We will take pictures to help us make sure we restore the area to its former condition.
- View construction map.
Business and Institutional Care Program
- We are conducting an ongoing survey of businesses in the area prior to issuing a tender for watermain replacement works. This information will help us to minimize any impact to your daily routine during construction. We have already conducted much of this survey; however, if you were missed or have not completed this survey, please click the link below to complete it.
- We respect your privacy. Any information you give us will be used only in connection with this one construction project. No information will be used for any other purpose or shared with anyone else.
- The survey should take under 10 minutes to complete. You can complete it online at surveymonkey.com/r/dixie401 or call Sandra at 905-791-7800 ext. 5078 and she will run through the questions with you.
Keeping You Informed
- We are currently in the early planning stages, so we can’t give you exact dates when we will do the work.
- Please check this page often for updated information.
Once watermain work is complete, road restoration will follow. Depending on the schedule of watermain completion, it is possible that roadwork will be restored in the temporary condition until permanent restoration can be conducted.
If you would like to speak with us about this work, please contact:
Sarah Lobo, Project Manager
905-791-7800 ext. 8266