Little Etobicoke Creek sanitary trunk sewer – City of Mississauga
Sewer condition assessment & rehabilitation
The Region of Peel will be rehabilitating the trunk sewer and maintenance holes along Haig Boulevard, as well as a portion of the local sewer on Atwater Avenue and the easement connecting Applewood Drive to Haig Boulevard.
Key project stages and estimated dates
Stage 1: Project Investigation – November 2019 to March 2020
Stage 2: Rehabilitation of the sewers – April 2022 to September 2022
Expected impacts on community
- Intermittent minimal traffic disruptions due to partial lane closures (Stages 1-2)
- Potential odour within close range of open maintenance holes (Stage 2)
- Slightly higher-than-normal levels of ambient noise due to truck and equipment operation (Stage 1-2)
- Haig Boulevard from South Service Road to Lakeshore Road E
- Atwater Avenue from Haig Boulevard to Myron Drive
Stage 1 objective
To conduct drilling of boreholes, installation of monitoring wells, taking preconstruction photos and completing a topographic survey throughout the work area in order to assist in designing the new local sewer.
Stage 2 objective
Rehabilitation of the sewers and maintenance holes
The Region encourages you to notify the project manager if you have any comments or concerns.
905-791-7800. ext. 4441
Updates will be provided as the project progresses.