Little Etobicoke Creek sanitary trunk sewer – City of Mississauga
Sewer condition assessment & rehabilitation
The Region of Peel will be installing a new local sewer along Haig Boulevard, Applewood Road, Halliday Avenue and Brooks Drive, in addition to inspecting the condition of the existing sanitary trunk sewer. This will allow Peel to assess its current condition and determine if portions of the sewer need to be rehabilitated.
Key project stages and estimated dates:
Stage 1: Project Investigation – November 2019 to March 2020
Stage 2: Construction of new local sewer – March 2020 to December 2020
Stage 3: Condition Assessment and Rehabilitation – March 2021 to December 2021
Expected impacts on community:
- Intermittent minimal traffic disruptions due to partial lane closures (Stages 1-3)
- Potential odour within close range of open maintenance holes (Stage 2-3)
- Slightly higher-than-normal levels of ambient noise due to truck and equipment operation (Stage 1-3)
- Haig Boulevard from South Service Road to Lakeshore Road E
- Applewood Road from South Service Road to Halliday Avenue
- Halliday Avenue from Applewood Road to Haig Boulevard
- Brooks Drive from Applewood Road to Haig Boulevard
Stage 1 objective:
To conduct drilling of boreholes, installation of monitoring wells, taking preconstruction photos and completing a topographic survey throughout the work area in order to assist in designing the new local sewer.
Updates will be provided as the project progresses.