Peel Vision Zero Road Safety
Any injury or death on a Peel road is unacceptable.
Vision Zero will create safer roads in Peel for pedestrians, cyclists, and drivers.
The Vision Zero goal
Vision Zero originated in Sweden in 1997. Now well-known throughout North America, its key message is, "no loss of life is acceptable."
Vision Zero Road Safety Strategic Plan’s goal is to reduce – and finally end – injuries or deaths caused by motor vehicle collisions.
The goal is based on a shared responsibility for road safety between municipalities, the police, community organizations and all road users – we all have a role to play.
Reducing impaired driving
Impaired driving deaths or injuries are caused by drivers who are under the influence of alcohol or drugs. We'll work with the police to reduce impaired driving deaths and injuries by supporting programs such as R.I.D.E., The Last Drink, M.A.D.D. 911 and DriveSafe.
This interactive dashboard will show data about collisions that have occurred in Peel since 2016.
Email Traffic Inquiries for more information on road safety in Peel.
Vision Zero will help stop people from getting hurt or dying in motor vehicle collisions in Peel.
- Our vision: Zero fatal and injury collisions for all road users.
- Our goal: 10% reduction in fatal and injury collisions.
Council adopted the Vision Zero framework (PDF) in December 2017.
Together with our partners, we've:
- Reviewed traffic collision information in Peel.
- Pinpointed key problem areas.
- Set actions to make improvements in each key problem area.
For more information read the Region’s full Vision Zero Road Safety Strategic Plan (PDF).
Plans and reports
- 2019 Vision Zero Road Safety Strategic Plan Update, Year One, January 23, 2020 (PDF)
- Region of Peel Vision Zero Annual Road Safety Report, 2018 (PDF)
- Vision Zero Road Safety Strategic Plan, 2018-2022 (PDF)
- Vision Zero Road Safety Strategic Plan Summary Report, 2018-2022 (PDF)
- Region of Peel Transportation Safety Strategic and Operation Plan Update, Council Report, September 13, 2018 (PDF)
- Region of Peel Transportation Safety Strategic and Operation Plan Update, Council Report, December 14, 2017 (PDF)
- Bike Brampton – Cycling Safety Webpage
- Brampton School Traffic Safety Council
- Caledon School Traffic Safety Committee
- City of Brampton – Pedestrian and Driver Safety
- City of Mississauga – Road Safety
- Mississauga Road Safety Committee
- Peel Regional Police – Road Safety
- Region of Peel – Pedestrian Safety
- Walk and Roll Peel