About Peel Region
Peel Region serves more than 1.5 million residents and approximately 200,000 businesses in Brampton, Mississauga, and the Town of Caledon. We deliver a wide range of resident-focused services across Peel.
- Our 20-year vision for Peel is "Community for Life."
- Our goal is to create a place where everyone enjoys a sense of belonging and has access to the services and opportunities needed to thrive in each stage of their lives.
- Our 2015-2035 Strategic Plan outlines the work we're focused on to bring this vision to life.
The Ontario government passed Bill 112 (the Hazel McCallion Act) in June 2023 to dissolve Peel Region on January 1, 2025.
Since 1974, Peel Region has been delivering a wide range of programs and services to enhance Peel’s communities.
These programs and services include:
- child care support
- financial help
- garbage collection and recycling
- health programs
- housing and shelter
- long-term care and services for seniors
- paramedic services
- road maintenance
- water and water treatment
We are governed by a Regional Chair and 24 members of Council, representing Mississauga, Brampton, and Caledon.
Learn about our CAO and Executive Leadership Team.
Our economic growth and development are due to our responsible management, innovative programs, and responding to the needs of the community.
Our responsible and effective planning, ensures that we’re delivering the right services in the right way to Peel’s residents, business owners, and taxpayers.
Awards and recognition
Peel Region is consistently recognized at the employee and program level for its commitment to innovation and excellence in all service areas.
As we build a “Community for Life” we’re committed to sharing these recognitions as a reflection of our values, service commitment, and progressive achievements.
Access a list of our recent achievements and awards in leadership, innovation, and continuous improvement.