How to sort your waste
Carbon water filter
This item is garbage.
Put this item in your garbage (grey) cart.
- Carbon water filters are too small to be recycled at the Region’s Material Recovery Facility.
- If your garbage cart is already full, put excess garbage in a garbage bag.
- Excess garbage must have a Region of Peel garbage tag. Place tagged bags or items on the curb an arm's length away from your cart.
- If a garbage item won’t fit in your cart, put it an arm's length away from your cart for collection.
Other ways to dispose of this item:
- TerraCycle collects and recycles used Brita and PUR filters through their Brita Recycling Program and PUR Recycling Program.