How to sort your waste
Empty prescription bottles
This item is recyclable.
Put this item in your recycling (blue) cart or a transparent clear or blue-tinted plastic bag.Special disposal instructions or restrictions:
- Use or consume the item’s contents. Make sure the item is clean and empty before placing it in your recycling.
- Put bottles larger than 50 mL in your recycling. Put bottles smaller than 50 mL in your garbage.
- If there’s a lid, remove it and put it in the garbage. If there’s a flavour seal, put it in the garbage.
- If there is foil or a plastic seal or stopper, remove it and put it in the garbage along with the cap.
- A pouring spout does not have to be removed from an empty bottle.
- Don’t put recyclables in tied plastic grocery bags
- The lid on your recycling cart must be completely closed for collection. A closed lid helps prevent litter.
- Recycling is mandatory in the Region of Peel.
- The Region collects unlimited amounts of recycling waste from the curb.
- If your recycling cart is full, put recyclables in a transparent clear or blue-tinted plastic bag. Place the bag outside of your recycling cart on your collection day.
- You can also take blue-cart-acceptable recyclables to a Peel Community Recycling Centre (CRC).