Join the TransHelp Advisory Committee
Applications are being accepted until Friday, April 28, 2023.
TransHelp is Peel's specialized public transit.
For more than 40 years, TransHelp has been helping residents with disabilities maintain independence through accessible, door-to-door transportation.
Why the TransHelp Advisory Committee is so important
Seeing the world of accessibility through the lens of our passengers and residents is extremely valuable. TransHelp Advisory Committee (TAC) members are volunteers who are dedicated to improving and evolving TransHelp – an evolution that will happen only by considering all needs and perspectives.
The type of person we’re looking for
We’re looking for volunteer committee members who:
- Want to help shape the future of specialized public transit in Peel.
- Are willing to share their knowledge and perspective.
- Are available to attend 8 – 10 meetings throughout the calendar year (option to attend virtually or in-person)
- Can commit to being a member of the advisory group until December 2026.
- Are 18 years or older and are Canadian citizens.
- Are not elected officials, members of any regional or municipal Accessibility Advisory Committee, or employed by the Region of Peel or its area municipalities.
What you’ll gain
As a TransHelp Advisory Committee member, you’ll:
- Advocate on behalf of people with disabilities because you know what matters and why.
- Improve specialized public transit in Peel.
- Help design and implement policies and programs.
- Meet interesting people from diverse backgrounds.
- Strengthen your professional skill set.
- Learn about and contribute to public education and awareness of accessibility issues.
How to apply
If you want to be a volunteer member of the TransHelp Advisory Committee, send a copy of your resume to email@example.com.
Deadline for applications is Friday, April 28, 2023 at 4:30 p.m.
We will invite selected applicants to attend a virtual interview.
If you have any questions about this opportunity, email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 905-791-1015.
Update contact information, monitor account balance and transactions and cancel trips online.