Peel Region homepage
Peel Region

Stay-at-home order for Ontario

Only go out for essential purposes. Find out how the emergency order affects residents, businesses, and public spaces. Get details


Basement flooding

To report flooding on roads and in your neighbourhood please call 3-1-1. In Caledon, call 905-584-2272, ext. 4238.

If you think there’s a problem with your sanitary sewer pipe, call the Region at 905-791-7800. Our 24 hour sewer back-up service helps identify sewer problems.

What to do if your basement floods

Assessing damages

If you have insurance, immediately contact your insurer. They will recommend a qualified contractor to evaluate and restore any damages.

If you don’t have insurance, consider contacting a restoration contractor. An experienced contractor can help evaluate the damages and advise you on what to do next.

Clean up

If your basement has flooded:

What you can do to protect your property

Protect your home and the sanitary system:

Get more details on preventing and recovering from flooding: