Peel Inclusion Resource Services (PIRS)
PIRS is a partnership between special needs resourcing programs and licensed child care providers that offer services to families and children before they start school.
PIRS is committed to supporting:
- Children with special needs in licensed centre and home-based child care programs in Brampton, Caledon and Mississauga
- Early identification of children who may benefit from resource consultant support.
- Child care programs by providing resources and coaching so that all children can participate fully in child care
Who can receive PIRS supports?
Children with special needs or identified as needing extra support who attend, or plan to attend licensed child care in Peel and would benefit from resource support
How does PIRS support my child and family?
Families are connected to a Resource Consultant who will work closely with you to understand your needs and support your child to have a positive child care experience. The Resource Consultant will:
- Create a plan with you and the child care provider that focuses on your child’s strengths and areas of development
- Share ideas and strategies to use in child care and your home
- Build on the child care provider’s strengths to support the inclusion of all children
- Provide resources and information about other services that would benefit your family
- Support your child’s transition from child care to school, and to service coordination, if appropriate
How do I start the referral process?
- If your child attends child care, speak to your child care provider or the Resource Consultant who will complete the referral
- If you are looking for child care, call us to complete the referral and if required, discuss your child care needs
- You can also ask your doctor or other professional to start the process and we will call you to complete the referral
What else do I need to know?
- Child care fee subsidy is available to families who qualify to help with the cost of child care
How do I contact PIRS?
Congratulations to our PIRS community partners for their award winning leadership
2015 IPAC Leadership Bronze Award Winner
PIRS is part of Peel’s Special Needs Strategy and a partnership between: