The Regional Chair is the political head of the Region and is also known as the Chief Executive Officer of the Regional Corporation. The Chair is elected by the 24 members of Regional Council to preside over meetings of Council and to ensure its decisions are implemented. To accomplish this, the Regional Chair represents the Region in dealing with other levels of government and plays a strong liaison role with Regional staff through the Chief Administrative Officer.
The Regional Chair for the 2014-2018 term is Frank
Chief Administrative Officer
The Chief Administrative Officer (CAO) is the most senior staff position in the Region of Peel. Reporting to the Regional Chair and Regional Council, the CAO is responsible for the co-ordination of all administrative and service functions within the Region and for the overall management of the Regional Corporation.
As Regional Council's most senior staff member, the CAO is also responsible for policy development and, once a policy has been approved by Regional Council, for its implementation and administration.
The CAO is also responsible for administering the Region's capital and operating budgets and the evaluation of all Regional programs.
The Chief Administrative Officer is David Szwarc.
Key Awards and Recognition
- NQI Order of Excellence – 2009
- The Canada Award of Excellence (Healthy Workplace), Gold Level – 2009
- Public Sector Leadership Award, Gold (IPAC) – 2008
- NQI Progressive Excellence Award (PEP) IV – 2006
- The Canada Award of Excellence (CAE)-Gold Level – 2006
- NQI Progressive Excellence Award (PEP) III – 2004
- The Canada Award of Excellence (CAE)-Silver Level – 2004
- Public Sector Quality Fair (PSQF) Gold Award - 2004
See our complete listing of awards:
Tuesday August 25 2015