The agenda for the General Committee meeting of January 18, 2007 includes several reports related to the 2007 budget. Two of the key reports are summarized below.
This report recommends to Council the proposed financial requirements of the 2007 Current and Capital Budget, which includes the Net Tax Levy Apportionment and By-law, the One Year Capital Request and the 10 Year Capital Plan. Included in the discussion of the report are the 2007 Business Planning Process, the Budget Document Layout and the User Fees and Charges.
The report is the initial recommendation from January 2007 for the Final 2007 Approved Budget, which was approved March 2007. Refer to the Current & Capital Budget Executive Summary
- 2007 Budget (PDF 4 pages, 415KB)
- Current & Capital Budget Executive Summary (PDF 30 pages, 204KB)
The Executive Summary provides Council with a high level overview of the requirements for both the Current and Capital Budgets for 2007. The detail included in this summary is the Key Program Drivers, the Staffing Requirements, the 2007 Capital Budget and the 10 Year Capital Plan highlights and Reserve Sustainability Review. Attached to this document are five summaries with details on the following topics: 2007 Current Budget, 2007 Capital Budget, 2007-2016 Capital Forecast, Staffing Information, and Proposed User Fees.
In addition to these 2 reports the agenda includes five additional reports: Tax Management – Long Term Care, Future Long Term Care Services, Planning Department Staff Complement, Increases in Construction Costs, and 2007-2016 Capital Plan – Funding Sustainability Challenges. These reports although not included in the budget document or in the budget report, are budget related.
- 2007 Budget (PDF 4 pages, 415KB)
- Tax Rate Management – Long Term Care (For information) (PDF 4 pages, 240KB)
- Future Long Term Care Services (PDF 4 pages, 277KB)
- Planning Department Staff Complement (PDF 4 pages, 203KB)
- Increases in Construction Costs (For information) (PDF 7 pages, 790KB)
- 2007-2016 Capital Plan – Funding sustainability Challenges (For information) (PDF 5 pages, 246KB)
The 2007 Budget Document includes an Executive Summary followed by an integrated Current and Capital Budget story for each Regional program. The commentary in each program highlights the additional cost required to provide the 2006 level of service in 2007 due to inflation, cost of living and annualization of previous Council decisions. It also identifies the cost of new pressures in 2007 related to growth and service demands. The section on Capital has been enhanced to include a listing of existing capital works in addition to the new capital being requested for 2007. Included in each program document is a service contract which sets out the resources required to deliver the 2007 budget as well as the expected outputs and outcomes Council may expect to see in exchange for these resources.
Included in the Budget Document is the 2007 Budget Document Guidelines designed to assist the reader navigate the budget document and provide some detail on the information that has been presented.
The complete Budget Document is presented below.
- 2007 Budget Document Guidelines (PDF 4 pages, 40KB)
- 2007 Budget Document Table of Contents (PDF 1 page, 20KB)
- 2007 Current and Capital Budget Executive Summary (PDF 30 pages, 204KB)
- Public Works
- 2007 Budget Document Regional Planning (PDF 22 pages, 192KB)
- 2007 Budget Document Social Services (PDF 73 pages, 964KB)
- Ontario Works
- Children's Services
- 2007 Budget Document Housing (PDF 34 pages, 280KB)
- 2007 Budget Document Health (PDF 64 pages, 1.7MB)
- Public Health
- Long Term Care
- Paramedics and Emergency Services
- Regional Financed External Organizations
- 2007 Budget Document Peel Regional Police (PDF 27 pages, 713KB)
- 2007 Budget Document Ontario Provincial Police (O.P.P) (PDF 10 pages, 73KB)
- 2007 Budget Document Assessment Services (PDF 4 pages, 36KB)
- 2007 Budget Document Conservation Authorities (PDF 30 pages, 159KB)
- 2007 Budget Document GO Transit (PDF 8 pages, 69KB)
- 2007 Budget Document Toronto Tax (PDF 5 pages, 38KB)
- 2007 Budget Document Ontario Disability Support Program (PDF 8 pages, 70KB)
- 2007 Budget Document Community Care Access Centre (PDF 4 pages, 34KB)
- 2007 Budget Document Internal Support Services (PDF 35 pages, 144KB)
- 2007 Budget Document Non-Program (PDF 4 pages, 38KB)