The development of the 2009 Budget for the Regional Municipality of Peel begins with the preparation of a scheduled timeframe, the setting of targets, identifying preliminary estimates and the communication of these to Council. The link to the report outlining these objectives for 2009 is presented below.
- 2009 Budget Process and Preliminary Estimates (PDF 5 pages, 294KB)
In addition to this report there are other reports that have been shared with Council that outline various factors that are impacting the financial positioning of the 2009 Current and Capital Budgets. The link to these is presented below.
- Capital Infrastructure Renewal - Water/Wastewater Program (PDF 7 pages, 385KB)
- Capital Investment Plan Update - Tax supported Programs (PDF 8 pages, 411KB)
This motion, as approved by Regional Council on January 14, 2009 under Resolution Number RCB-2009-10, outlines the proposed financial requirements of the 2009 Current and Capital Budget, which includes the Net Tax Levy Apportionment and By-law, the One Year Capital Request, the 10 Year Capital Plan, changes to User Fees and Charges as outlined in Summary V of the Executive Summary, and changes to Water, Wastewater and Waste Management System fees and charges as outlined in Summary VIII of the Executive Summary.
- 2009 Budget Council Motion – Resolution RCB 2009-10 (PDF 3 pages, 211KB)
- 2009 Operating Budget by Program (pie chart)
The Executive Summary provides Council with a high level overview of the requirements for both the Current and Capital Budgets for 2009. The detail included in this summary is the Key Program Drivers, the Staffing Requirements, the 2009 Capital Budget and the 10 Year Capital Plan highlights and some of the pressures that are not included in the 2009 Budget. Attached to this document are eight summaries with details on the following topics: 2009 Current Budget by Program, 2009 Current Budget by Funding Source, Summary of Efficiencies, 2009 Capital Budget, 2009-2018 Capital Forecast, Staffing Information, Proposed User Fees, and Proposed 2008 Water Consumption and Waste Management Fees and Charges.
- 2009 Current & Capital Budget Executive Summary (PDF 39 pages, 209 KB)
- 2009 Capital Budget by Program (pie chart)
2009 Budget Presentations to Council for Region Controlled Programs
2009 Budget Update and Overview (PDF 40 pages, 171 KB)
2009 ETPS Budget Presentation (PDF 36 pages, 253 KB)
2009 Health Services Overview (PDF 13 pages, 108 KB)
2009 Human Services (PDF 16 pages, 279 KB)
2009 Internal Services (PDF 17 pages, 79 KB)
2009 Non-Program (PDF 4 pages, 61 KB)
The 2009 Budget Document includes an Executive Summary followed by an integrated Current and Capital Budget story for each Regional program. The commentary in each program highlights the additional cost required to provide the 2008 level of service in 2009 due to inflation, cost of living and annualization of previous Council decisions. It also identifies the cost of new pressures in 2009 related to growth and service demands. The section on Capital includes a listing of existing capital works in addition to the new capital being requested for 2009. Included in each program document is a service contract which sets out the resources required to deliver the 2009 budget as well as the expected outputs and outcomes Council may expect to see in exchange for these resources.
Included in the Budget Document is the 2009 Budget Document Guidelines designed to assist the reader navigate the budget document and provide some detail on the information that has been presented.
The complete Budget Document is presented below.
- 2009 Budget Document Table of Contents (PDF 1 page, 22 KB)
- 2009 Budget Document Guidelines (PDF 4 pages, 43 KB)
- Regional Council 2009 Budget Motion (PDF 3 pages, 215 KB)
- 2009 Current and Capital Budget Executive Summary (PDF 39 pages, 401 KB)
- 2009 Budget Document Environment, Transportation & Planning Services
- 2009 Budget Document Water (PDF 70 pages, 611 KB)
- 2009 Budget Document Wastewater (PDF 47 pages, 487 KB)
- 2009 Budget Document Transportation (PDF 86 pages, 623 KB)
- 2009 Budget Document Waste Management (PDF 27 pages, 387 KB)
- 2009 Budget Document Regional Planning (PDF 22 pages, 374 KB)
- 2009 Budget Document Operations Support Services (PDF 27 pages, 180 KB)
- 2009 Budget Document Health Services
- 2009 Budget Document Human Services
- 2009 Budget Document Internal Services
- 2009 Regional Financed External Organizations
- 2009 Budget Document Peel Regional Police (PDF 34 pages, 587 KB)
- 2009 Budget Document Ontario Provincial Police (PDF 11 pages, 90 KB)
- 2009 Budget Document Conservation Authorities (PDF 15 pages, 121 KB)
- 2009 Budget Document Assessment Services (PDF 5 pages, 251 KB)
- 2009 Budget Document GO Transit (PDF 8 pages, 64 KB)
- 2009 Budget Document Ontario Disability Support Program (PDF 7 pages, 280 KB)
- 2009 Budget Document Toronto Tax (PDF 5 pages, 261 KB)