- Collection of Personal Health Information
- Uses and Disclosures of Personal Health Information
- Your Choices
- Important Information
- How to Contact Us
Collection of Personal Health Information
We collect personal health information about you directly from you or from the person acting on your behalf. The personal information that we collect may include, for example, your name, date of birth, address, health history, records of your visits and other interactions with Peel Public Health, and the care that you received during those visits/interactions.
Occasionally, we collect personal health information about you from other sources where we have obtained your consent to do so or where the law permits.
- Treat and care for you;
- Get payment for your treatment and care;
- Plan, administer and manage our internal operations;
- Conduct risk management and quality improvement activities;
- Conduct research;
- Compile statistics;
- Comply with legal and regulatory requirements; and
- Fulfil other purposes permitted or required by law.
- We take steps to protect your personal health information from theft, loss and unauthorized access, copying, modification, use, disclosure and disposal.
- We conduct audits and complete investigations to monitor and manage our privacy compliance.
- We ensure that everyone who performs services for us protects your privacy and only uses your personal health information for the purposes you have consented to or that are permitted or required by law.
PO Box 667 RPO Streetsville
Mississauga ON L5M 2C2
You have the right to complain to the Information and Privacy Commissioner/Ontario if you think we have violated your rights. Contact information for the Commissioner can be found at the Information and Privacy Commissioner website: ipc.on.ca
The collection and use of personal health information is governed by the Personal Health Information Protection Act (PHIPA)