A-Z List | Accessible Info | Careers | Contact Us

Images from Peel Region


First Year

Child Care

Choosing a child care provider
There are two types of child care you need to consider: licensed and unlicensed care

If you’re getting ready to return to work or school after having a baby, it’s time to start looking for child care.

There are two types of child care: licensed and unlicensed. Learn more about child care options through the Child Development Resource Connection Peel.

How Do I Choose Child Care?

Your family should choose a child care provider that meets your unique needs, that is safe, clean and affordable. Take a look at the Parent Info Guide for details on how to choose the right child care for your family.

Visit our Children’s Services page to learn about our child care services and how to apply for a susidy.

Have a specific question?

Region of Peel – Public Health
Monday to Friday 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
Caledon residents call free of charge at 905-584-2216
to speak with a Public Health Nurse

  • Region of Peel Children’s Services Division
    Toll Free 1-888-309-6640
    The Children’s Services Division provides parents and caregivers with the information to make informed choices regarding child care services, along with increasing accessibility to these services through fee subsidies, if required.
  • Find support, programs and services for babies and toddlers and for children with  special needs.
  • Child Development Resource Connection Peel (CDRCP)
    Toll Free: 1-800-309-6640
    We provide financial help to pay for licensed child care for eligible families. We also offer support programs and services for parent and caregivers with young children and children with special needs.

Nutrition | Play, Learning & Development | Safety
Sleep & Crying | Infant Health | Child Care | Contact Us

Revised: Thursday May 02 2019


Home | Contact Us | Search | A-Z Topic List
Privacy | Service Commitment

Smaller Text Larger Text