Health in Peel: Determinants and Disparities
Health in Peel: Determinants and Disparities 2011 is intended to describe the state of health of the residents of Peel which varies according to demographic, social and economic factors.
This report shows where disparities in health exist and how we use both existing knowledge from the research literature and local data to inform decisions about actions to improve health and reduce disparities. It will also help readers to understand the relationships amongst determinants of health, risk factors and health outcomes.
This report includes the following sections and chapters:
- Purpose of this Report (PDF 134KB, 1 page)
- How to Read this Report (PDF 118KB, 1 page)
- The Determinants of Health: A History (Chapter 1)
- The Determinants of Health in Peel (Chapter 2)
- Relationships Amongst the Determinants of Health (Chapter 3)
- The Marginalization Index - A Peel Perspective
- Discussion and Next Steps (PDF 191KB, 2 pages)
- Acknowledgements (PDF 118KB, 2 pages)
- Data Sources and Limitations (PDF 253KB, 3 pages)
- Data Methods (PDF 461KB, 6 pages)
- Text References (PDF 672KB, 11 pages)
- Data References and Appendicies (PDF 527KB, 4 pages)
A complete copy of the report is available in PDF format: Health in Peel: Determinants and Disparities 2011. (PDF 5.02MB, 120 pages)
To save the PDF to disk, right click on the link above and choose "Save Target As..." from the menu.