Oral health plays an important role in overall health, quality of life and learning. This section describes Peel students’ attitudes and beliefs about this topic.
- Twenty-seven per cent of all students brushed their teeth once a day and another 70% brushed theirs twice or more often every day. Close to three-quarters (72%) of students reported they brushed their teeth every night before they went to sleep.
- In contrast, only 25% of students reported they flossed either most days or every day.
- Only 7% of all students said they had never been to a dentist.
Chapter 7 - Dental Health (PDF 71KB, 11 pages)
Table of Contents:
- Table of Contents (PDF 34KB, 4 pages)
- List of Figures and Tables (PDF 52KB, 17 pages)
- Executive Summary (PDF 57KB, 8 pages)
- Introduction (PDF 31KB, 2 pages)
- Student Health 2005 - Introduction
- Chapter 1 - Student Profile
- Chapter 2 - Eating Habits, Physical Activity and Body Weight
- Chapter 3 - Tobacco, Alcohol, Marijuana and Other Drugs
- Chapter 4 - Bullying and Safety
- Chapter 5 - Mental Health and Self Esteem
- Chapter 6 - Sexual Health
- Chapter 7 - Dental Health
- Chapter 8 - Injuries
- Chapter 9 - Sun Safety
- Data Sources, Methods, and Limitations (PDF 45KB, 4 pages)
- References (PDF 49KB, 8 pages)
- News Release