FREE basic dental care for seniors who are eligible!
We are currently accepting people to our waiting list.
Due to the overwhelming response to this program, the wait time for acceptance into the program is approximately 18-24 months. Please read the information below and call 905-799-7700 to put your name on the waiting list.
Dental health plays an important role in overall health and well-being. Dental care can be very costly and not all seniors can afford dental care.
What is the Region of Peel Seniors’ Dental Program?
- This program was created to help seniors who have no dental insurance and cannot afford the cost of dental care.
- The program provides basic dental services to low income seniors who qualify.
What dental services are included?
- This program does not cover all dental services and it is not an insurance plan.
- It provides basic dental care including cleanings, fillings, dentures, etc.
Who is eligible?
- Seniors must first call Peel Public Health at 905-799-7700 to find out if they are eligible for the dental services.
- To be eligible, seniors must meet all six criteria:
- be 65 years or older
- live in Brampton, Caledon or Mississauga,
- be a Canadian citizen or legal resident
- have no access to any form of dental coverage (including government programs such as Ontario Disability Support Program (ODSP),Ontario Works (OW), and Non-Insured Health Benefits)
- have no previous dental care that was paid for by the Region of Peel's Seniors' Dental Program
- have an income of less than $20,160* for one person household or $24,536** for a two person household (effective July 1, 2015)
*To calculate your net income for a one person household subtract the amount on line 435 from the amount on line 236 from your Canada Revenue Agency Notice of Assessment.
** To calculate your net income for a two person household subtract the amount on line 435 (combined amount for both individuals) from the amount on line 236 (combined amount for both individuals) from your Canada Revenue Agency Notice of Assessment.
What documents do I have to show?
Peel Public Health will request that you show in person:
- Notice of assessment from Revenue Canada (most current tax year). If applicant is married or common law the Notice of Assessment for each individual will be required.
- Valid Ontario Health Card
- One of the following:
- Valid Canadian Passport or Canadian Passport expired not more than 5 years
- Certificate of Canadian Citizenship
- Birth Certificate from a Canadian province or territory
- Canadian Immigration Identification Card
- Valid Permanent Residence Card
- One of the following
At least one piece of identification presented must confirm age as 65 years or older
- A valid Ontario Driver's Licence
- Property Tax/Utility Bill
- Household mortgage, rental or lease agreement
- Statement of old age security or statement of Canada Pension Plan Benefits
- First page of your Notice of Assessment which indicates name and address
What is the cost?
Please note: You can only enrol in the Region of Peel Seniors' Dental Program once per lifetime.
- Dental services are provided at no cost to seniors who qualify.
For more information, call Peel Public Health at 905-799-7700.