Mosquito & Tick-Borne Diseases
Sign up for email notifications of positive WNV activity in Peel.
Lyme disease, West Nile Virus and Eastern equine encephalitis (EEE) are vector-borne diseases.
A disease that is spread to humans and other animals by an insect or tick is called a vector-borne disease.
- Vectors are usually mosquitoes and ticks.
- West Nile Virus and Lyme disease are the two most common vector-borne diseases that affect people.
- Eastern equine encephalitis (EEE) is rare.
- The EEE virus has only been found in horses and mosquitoes. No human cases have been reported to date.
For more information about Vector-Borne Diseases (VBD):
- call us at 905-799-7700 from 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., Monday to Friday
- Caledon residents call toll free at 905-584-2216, or
- e-mail us