Recent studies have shown that we're not eating right. In fact, most Canadian adults are not meeting the minimum servings from Eating Well with Canada's Food Guide on a daily basis.
Since on average most of us spend 60% of our waking hours at work, it stands to reason that the workplace is a good place to encourage healthy eating.
The health of employees is influenced by:
- Individual health practices
- The physical environment
- The social environment and personal resources like money and access
Comprehensive nutrition programming includes
these health-promoting strategies:
- Raising Awareness by providing information.
- Skill Building by teaching people how to change behaviour.
- Environmental Support by creating supportive work conditions.