6. Evaluate the program
This is one of the MOST IMPORTANT components of a workplace health program.
A good program evaluation will be included in the original program plan and will help:
- Improve the program
- Justify resources
- Demonstrate results
Here is a useful resource designed to help you evaluate your program.
While this resource outlines the detailed process of conducting a program evaluation, this process doesn't necessarily have to be difficult or time consuming - especially if you're just starting a new program.
Start with these simple tips for evaluating your program:
- Ask for ongoing feedback - from employees and management.
- Keep a tally of how many people participate in activities.
- Track program initiatives - what did you do and how did you do it?
- Monitor absenteeism and other cost drivers (accident and disability claims, health plan costs, EAP service utilization etc).
- Re-evaluate and adjust your overall program plan as required.
6 Steps To a Healthier Organization