When will the Summer Student opportunity be posted?
- Our Summer Student job opportunity will be posted for the month of January on our website www.peelregion.ca
What types of positions are available?
- General Administrative; customer service, filing, data entry, reception, financial, project co-ordination
- Outdoor labourer positions; customer service, landscaping, general cleaning and maintenance
- Specialized positions relating to Civil Engineering, Health and Social Services may be available
What are the qualifications and/or requirements?
- Enrollment in a post-secondary program and returning to school in September
- Legally eligible to work in Canada
- Available to work a variety of shifts from May 1 to August 31, 2016 inclusively
- Some positions require a valid "G" Driver's licence in good standing
- Administrative Experience
- Labour Experience
- CSA (Canadian Standards Association) approved work boots
- Criminal Reference Check
- TB Testing and/or Vulnerable Sector Screening may be required for certain positions
What will I be paid?
- Students are paid a competitive hourly rate bi-weekly + 4% vacation pay
- Rates will be provided at the time of the offer
Will I receive training?
- All first year students will attend an Orientation on their first day including mandatory Health and Safety Orientation
- Additional department specific training is provided
Can I ask for Time off or Vacation?
- Regular attendance is expected
- Please advise your Supervisor of any unplanned absences
- Requested Time Off may NOT be approved depending on business needs
What is the Recruitment Process?
- Students create a profile and apply online
- New students under consideration will be invited to complete a Video Screening Interview/Phone Interview. Detailed instructions will be provided.
- Students can expect to hear from a Recruiter between February and April
- Reference/criminal checks are mandatory for all summer students
- Successful candidates will receive an Offer Letter Package by email. Please ensure to complete & return all forms promptly to ensure no delays to your pay.
- Students not under consideration will be notified via email
- The summer work term runs from May to the end of August inclusively
Video Interviewing Tips
When participating in a Video Interview, prepare as you would for an in-person interview. Please review tips below to ensure success:
- Review the tutorial and all the instructions
- Look at the camera when speaking
- Speak slow, clear & concise when answering the questions
- Practice your responses
- Be professional in your attire
- Conduct the video interview in a well-lit room with little to no noise. There is a time limit. Be mindful of your time when answering – allow 30 seconds reading the question and 2 minutes to respond.
- Make sure to hit the Stop Record button after every response
- Should you have any technical issues please contact firstname.lastname@example.org