Important Information for Family Members and Friends
|Other Important Information|
|Health and Safety|
|Important Information for Family Members and Friends|
|Back to Long Term Care Information|
To ensure that our Centre is an enjoyable and safe place, it is important that:
- Each family member and visitor observe the rules and policies of the Centre.
- Each family member and visitor shall respect the rights and privacy of others.
- Each family member and visitor shall treat others, including staff and volunteers, with dignity, courtesy and respect.
Residents’ family members and friends meet on a regular basis with an opportunity to:
- Support to each other
- Opportunity to be an advocate for their loved ones
- Opportunity to express ideas and concerns to help create positive change
- Forum of education and information sharing
- Sponsor activities that will enrich the lives of Tall Pines residents
To ensure the safety of all our residents and staff, all family members and all visitors are required to follow our Sign In/Out Procedure:
- Signing In AND Out: In the event of al emergency and/or evacuation, we will be able to see who is currently in the building.
- Wear A Tall Pines Visitors Sticker: Allows staff to quickly identify that you are a visitor, that you have signed in and you have a purpose for being in the building.
- Hand Sanitizer: To prevent the spread of infection, you must use the sanitizer when signing in and signing out.
- Review the Infection Control Screening Tool: In an effort to prevent an infectious outbreak, it is important that you inform reception if you suffer from:
- Shortness of breath
- Fever, shakes or chills in the past 24 hours
- Or if you have had close contact with anyone who has been ill in the last 48 hours.
The receptionist will contact the In-Charge Nurse who will discuss these symptoms with you. If the receptionist is not on duty, immediately see the nurse on the floor you are visiting.
The Sign In/Out Book and Visitors Stickers are located at reception 7 days a week 8:30 a.m. to 8 p.m. and after hours you must the Sign In/Out Book and Visitors Stickers are located at the 1st floor Nursing Hubs.
We do not have visiting restrictions. However, the main door will be locked at 10:00 P.M. each evening and are reopened at 7 A.M. the next day.
As a courtesy to the residents living at Tall Pines we would ask that family and friends do not visit beyond 9 P.M. If there are special circumstances, please call ahead to speak to the nursing staff to arrange your visit.
It is often a difficult time when individuals and families realize that their loved one requires more care than they can receive while living at home. The decision to have your loved one move into a long term care centre is not an easy decision to make and it is important to understand the change that will transpire.
At our Centre, we recognize these challenges and are here to assist you in making this transition as smooth as possible.
There are some ways that your participation can assist your loved one in their transition of their new home:
- It is important that you maintain some normalcy for your loved one such as:
- Communicating to them through frequent visits, phone calls, notes, cards or any other means that you have customarily used.
- Remembering significant events such birthdays, anniversaries, holidays
- Encourage visits from your extended family such as grandchildren, nieces, nephews and friends.
- Help your loved one personalize their new room by bringing their favourite chair or dresser and pictures and paintings for the walls and perhaps their favourite comforter or blanket.
- Personalize the “Memory Box” which is located outside their bedroom with their favourite items.
- Participate with your loved one in recreational programs.
- Plan visits before meal times.