For Immediate Release
June 7, 2001
Acting Manager, Waste Collection and Processing
Region of Peel
905-791-7800, Ext. 4541
Yard Waste Collection Reminder
(Brampton) - The Region of Peel reminds residents that yard waste should be set at the curb in open reusable containers or Kraft paper yard bags. Yard waste in plastic bags will not be collected after June 29, 2001.
Follow these guidelines when preparing yard waste for collection:
- Acceptable yard waste materials are garden trimmings, grass clippings, leaves, branches, twigs and plants.
- Put yard waste in open reusable containers or Kraft paper yard waste bags.
- Brush must be securely tied in bundles to a maximum of 1.2 m (4 feet) in length and 0.76 m (2.5 feet) in diameter.
- Paper yard waste bags or containers of yard waste must not be heavier than 23 kgs (50 lbs).
- Branches must not be thicker than 10 cm (4 inches).
- Put yard waste and recycling boxes at the curb on the opposite side of the driveway from the garbage.
"Yard waste taken from the curb goes to a compost facility where it's converted into garden compost and later distributed to residents at Environment Days," said Nathalie Henning, Acting Manager of Waste Collection and Processing.
For more information on this or any other waste management programs, please visit the Region of Peel's Web site at www.region.peel.on.ca, or call the WASTELINE at 905-791-9499. Residents in long distance areas in Caledon can call, free-of-charge, 905-584-2216 and ask for the WASTELINE.Communication Services, 10 Peel Centre Dr., Brampton, ON L6T 4B9
Phone: 905-791-7800, Fax: 905-791-0595 , e-mail
| Home | News Releases | Corporate Overview | Regional Departments |
| Regional Council | Maps | Search |