For Immediate Release
March 12, 2001
Waste Collection and Processing
Region of Peel
905-791-7800, Ext. 4541
YARD WASTE PICK-UP STARTS
(Brampton)-The Region of Peel's Yard Waste Program starts on Monday, April 2, 2001, in the cities of Brampton and Mississauga.
"Yard waste should be set at the curb on regular collection days," said Dwayne Cromwell, Manager of Waste Collection and Processing at the Region of Peel.
Follow these guidelines when preparing yard waste for collection:
- Put yard waste in open reusable containers, paper yard bags, or bushel baskets. NO PLASTIC BAGS.
- Acceptable yard waste materials include: garden trimmings, grass clippings, leaves, branches, twigs, and plants.
- Brush must be tied in bundles, to a maximum of 1.2 m (4 feet) in length and 0.76 m (2.5 feet) in diameter.
- Brush must not be heavier than 23 kgs (50 lbs).
- Branches must not be thicker than 10 cm (4 inches).
- Put yard waste and recycling box items at the curb on the opposite side of the driveway from the garbage.
"After yard waste is taken from the curb, it goes to a compost facility where it's converted into garden compost and later distributed to residents at Environment Days," said Cromwell.
For more information on this or any other waste management program, please call the Region's WASTELINE at 905-791-9499, or visit our Web site at www.region.peel.on.ca
- 30 -Communication Services, 10 Peel Centre Dr., Brampton, ON L6T 4B9
Phone: 905-791-7800, Fax: 905-791-0595 , e-mail
| Home | News Releases | Corporate Overview | Regional Departments |
| Regional Council | Maps | Search |