For Immediate Release
October 5, 2001
Director, Children's Services
Region of Peel
905-791-7800, Ext. 3811
Annual Krayons for Kids Campaign Looking for Donations
October 9 to 16, 2001
(Brampton) - The Region of Peel's Children's Services, in partnership with the Association of Early Childhood Educators Ontario (AECEO) Peel Branch, is participating in the Krayons for Kids Campaign, with donations being accepted from October 9 to 16 at various locations throughout Peel Region.
The Krayons for Kids Campaign is a donation drive for both craft materials and monetary donations (which will be used to purchase craft supplies). This year all donations received will be distributed to the Brampton Neighbourhood Resource Centre and the Mississauga Parent-Child Resource Centre. Both centres provide many resources to the community, including parent/caregiver drop in support groups, parent/child playgroups and toy lending services.
"The Region of Peel Children's Services really enjoys being part of this campaign," said Lorna Reid, Director of Children's Services. "Through donations of craft supplies we are not only enhancing a child's self-expression and sense of self-esteem, we are also contributing to a child's development in a direct and tangible way."
What kinds of items can be donated?
- Glue sticks
- Paper - of all kinds and colours
- Paint brushes
- Money - to help purchase craft supplies
Where can you make a donation?
- Region of Peel Headquarters - 10 Peel Centre Dr.
- Children's Services - 3515 Wolfedale Rd.
- All Regional Child Care Centres
- Brampton West CCC - 9996 Kennedy Rd. N.
- Chinguacousy CCC - 1 Knightsbridge Rd., Unit B
- Greenbriar CCC - 1100 Central Park Dr.
- Howden CCC - 150 Howden Blvd.
- James Archdekin CCC - 224 Mill St. S.
- Cooksville CCC - 30 Hanson Rd.
- Ernest Majury CCC - 1320 Williamsport Dr.
- Malton CCC - 3500 Morning Star Dr.
- Ridgeway CCC - 3595 Ridgeway Dr.
- Streetsville CCC - 114 Falconer Dr.
- The Valley CCC - 1275 Mississauga Valley Blvd.
For information on other child care centres accepting donations, please contact Judy Selics at 905-277-1303.
If you would like more information on Regional child care centres please call 905-791-7800 or visit our Web site at www.region.peel.on.ca
Communication Services, 10 Peel Centre Dr., Brampton, ON L6T 4B9
Phone: 905-791-7800, Fax: 905-791-0595 , e-mail
Web site: http://www.region.peel.on.ca
| Home | News Releases | Corporate Overview | Regional Departments |
| Regional Council | Maps | Search |