Transportation Planning plays a key role in helping the Region reach its Official Plan goals of:
- Creating healthy communities.
- Respecting the environment.
- Supporting economic growth.
- Encouraging effective and efficient development.
Transportation Planning mainly:
- Creates and updates transportation policies, plans, designs, programs, budgets and priorities.
- Provides safe and effective ways of moving people and goods within Peel.
- Evaluates how certain Official Plan Amendments might affect transportation in Peel.
Transportation Planning also:
- Implements Council decisions on strategic transportation issues.
- Develops plans to improve roads, and to move people and goods more effectively.
- Predicts how much traffic will be on certain roads in the future.
- Carries out Environmental Assessments for roads.
- Develops and implements sustainable transportation initiatives.
- Promotes active transportation (such as walking and cycling) in Peel.
Resident Transportation Planning programs and services
- Long Range Transportation Plan (LRTP)
- Transportation Demand Management (TDM)
- Active Transportation
- Transportation Data
- Other Transportation Projects
- Transportation at the Region
Business Transportation Planning programs and services